Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday FOUR



WOW - it was exactly 15.6 weeks ago that we were out of our home due to the flood damage.  My daughter had just turned 7 and started 1st grade.  My son was a brand new 2 and life seemed pretty great.

Then the rains came, literally.

Now....after September, October, November and the brunt of December....we're getting ready to move back!!!!!!

Instead of five things this week I'm only doing four.  The four things that will be completed this week so we can move in before Christmas and before *hopefully* our daughter's Christmas Break from school.


Here goes it folks....the FOUR things that will happen in the next five days to get us #homeforchristmas




1.  Primer & Paint

We had an issue with our sheetrockers getting their work done in a timely manner.  It is part of the beast though.  Today is their final day.  After the pack up and move out I will begin the primer-ing of the walls and then tomorrow will be paint.  We have to have the walls painted by Monday a.m......like 7 AM  Monday.



2.  Floors

Our new flooring will go down on Monday.  I am so excited.  This isn't a long process, I was assured.  Of course the disclaimer is you tell me it isn't a long process and it becomes a very long one.  (I.e.  power, sheetrock, you get my drift).



3.  Backfill

Sunday is the day for the backfill of dirt around the house.  Goodbye all that foundation you see!  This will also lead to some major red mud but that's ok...it is winter, it is temporary.  The gravel for our drive will also come in after this is completed.



4.  Water

Our meter is ready but um.... not as in hooked up ready!  We need to have some water to ya know....brush our teeth, flush, live kinda.



In the back of my mind I'm so jealous of those who are getting to enjoy the holiday season by going out and shopping and spending time with friends; going to see light shows and all the fun stuff only this year has to offer.  I really wish we could do that this year.  But life has hiccups and reasons for allowing the not so fun to creep in sometimes.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!