Saturday, October 26, 2013

What's For Dinner: Halloween Week Edition

Cooking has seized where I live but according to one of my readers:  "Just because your kitchen is down doesn't mean mine is" - So here's your regularly scheduled Saturday post!

In honor of Halloween I am posting things that are pumpkin, orange, black, brown and sound good.

From the blog:  {Slice of Southern} here's a delicious dinner idea:

Pork & Pumpkin Stew

Slice of Southern: Sunday Supper: Pork and Pumpkin Stew

This recipe may take you away from the easier items I have posted in the past but it sounds like it is well worth it.

Here's one the kids will love from {Epicurious}:

Yummy Mummy Meatloaf

Yummy Mummy Meatloaf recipe

Totally easy guys!  You must do this.

This {pin} from Parents Magazine is an easy way to celebrate the holiday.  Use a cookie cutter and some cheese to make soups, stews, and chili have a festive look!

3-bean chili for tonight, or your witching hour: I found a great idea today for turning a regular, nutritious supper into a super-fast pre-trick-or-treat dinner. Basically you just make 3-Bean Chili from www.parents.com, and use Halloween-themed cookie cutters to make shapes out of cheddar, colby or any cheese that would hold its shape.

Last up a Trick or Treat Goulash from simplyrealmoms.com

Trick-or-treat ghoul-ash! The perfect meal to fill up on before headed out trick-or-treating.

So there are some ideas for you this week.  Here's the deal if you try them give me feed back because I may just have to make some of these when I have a kitchen again!

Happy eating!

Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!