Thursday, October 17, 2013

RT 1

If you noticed last week {at the tail end of the Demented Thursday post} I put a little note that I would not be continuing Demented Thursday for a while.  Instead I wanted to use Thursdays to post what is driving me to the point of craziness....our home renovation.

There are so many of us who are prepping, in it, or just finishing this same process it that I had to share our remodel with all of you.  Besides we adore some drastic home changes don't we?

So without further ado I bring you the first edition of Renovation Thursday (RT)!

---------


This is where we begin.  The side yard which will be more of the front yard after everything is complete.  Last week there was a deck off that brown door that now leads to a broken leg.  Over the weekend my husband and brother removed the deck that the door once led to.

If you will look at the roof line you will see two chimneys.  The house has a total of four chimneys.  Of the four all four will be taken down.  They aren't used and we're getting a new roof so toodles chimneys!

The short one that you can see very well was removed on Monday night.


This is my laundry room prior to the chimney removal.  It took up a lot of needed space.  While you're looking at that picture you see the notes as to what is changing.  The walls are changing!  Not just color folks - but how far they come out (so my bathroom will gain space).

The floors are going to tile.

The appliances are moving against the opposing wall.


So here's the final look for this week.  The chimney is gone and the deck is gone.  Yes, that is an old GMC in the place of the deck - high class ya'll!





The chimney was probably 80 years old - needless to say it came down pretty easy!


A final look at my terribly messy laundry room.  The chimney is gone and the door still leads to broken leg land but its all good.  I cannot wait to show you more changes to this VITAL room!


----------




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!