Sunday, October 6, 2013

Thinking about my birthday....


Sunday marks the one month mark before I turn 32.  My Lord I'm getting up there - hahahaha - I really do not know where my twenties went let alone my teens and younger years.  We spend so much time wishing we were 16, 18, or grown that we miss out on a lot of things when innocence was in...

With my impending day of birth around the proverbial corner I'm trying to think of something I'd like for my day.  

When I was much, much, much younger I would type of a list of CDs, types of clothing, etc that I wanted.  Those days turned into what bar I wanted to party down at.  Those days turned into what restaurant I wanted to eat at.  Those days have spun into this:  drinking coffee, watching my kids eat donuts, and thinking "get something for me?  Nah just get the kids what they need."

That is so totally UNCOOL.

So after a few pots of coffee I'm starting to find me and what me wants.  (Me Want Cookies! - just kidding).

Here's my list:


1.  Massage

I really want a massage.  I really need a massage.  I must have a massage.  No a half ass thirty second massage from my husband that comes with some other expectation is not what I am looking for.  I'm looking for a woman in pretty scrubs, a massage table, a comfy robe, a warm towel, and hands that can work out all the tension in my neck (I cannot turn it any more) and shoulders.  One of the girls I work with had a prenatal massage just a few days before her son was born and told me that the place she used was super.  They have a membership that is $50 a month and covers services for that month.  You can even share it with a family member.  How cool is that?  Ok so I want a massage.


2.  Camera


So I got a hold of some photo editing software.  I'm thinking holy crap this photography thing is such an easy gig.  No wonder every SAHM decided to start a photography business in the last two years.  Well rest assured, I wish to not do any of that of mess.  I just want to save money and capture some good pics around the house of my kids.  I figure after I buy the camera I have bought three or four photo sessions.  Economical...yep.

Hold the spurs please.


3.  Boots

I think I mentioned this one before.  I need some new boots.  I need two pair to be honest.  Traditional western and a pair of dress boots.  I love wearing the dang things and they generally go with anything I wear in the cold months.  


4.  Moccasins

I have a deep love for mocs.  Don't question it.  After having a pair that I lived in for three years --- ahh I need another pair.



5.  A night out

So last I request a night out with some of my girls.  I don't get to do that very often if at ever.  My time out, when I get it, seems to be an afternoon that feels so rushed.  I would love to go to Tanger Outlets Mebane with some of my friends, get a good meal, and drink some cheap wine.

I would also like a dinner out with my man stud.  To just eat, drink, and walk around a pretty little downtown (other than the one we live in....).

If you could get five things for your birthday or just as a random surprise what would they be?






No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!