Friday, October 4, 2013

Five on Friday!


Happy Friday to you!  This is my husband's birthday weekend - bring it on!



1.  Happy birthday weekend!

My husband is turning 31 on Monday.  We are celebrating this weekend by going to dinner with some friends we haven't had time with in a very.long.time!  I look forward to catching up with them, getting some great food, and having some kid free time!


2.  Finalized kitchen!

Yesterday I went to the kitchen company (Kitchen Vision) and finalized our new kitchen.  That is some exciting stuff.


3.  Indian Summer?

Now that we are rolling in the construction I am a little happy the summer has came back around.  Our temps have been in the 80s here in North Carolina.  Why does this make me happy?  We'll be ok without heat for a while!  With the remodel we have to have our heat cut off and the unit moved for the basement to be completed.


4.  Thinning out the crap.

Since we're doing this house thing I am forced to go through two rooms that I are junk traps!  The kitchen has already produced three boxes and one bag of Goodwill bound materials.  This weekend I'm be working on the laundry room and this excites me because I've been wanting to get it cleared out for a very long time!


5.  Reduction of the coop.

Last weekend we reduced our chickens to six.  I'm so glad we did because that means lower feed costs.  Saving money is awesome....in all ways right now!






1 comment:

  1. Nothing like a move or remodel to help you slim back on all the excess. I'm loving the temps we're having right now NC. We can finally enjoy the park without burning up. Hope you all enjoy the hubs' birthday dinner!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!