Monday, April 29, 2013

Time Marches On

4.29.13

I never knew how fast this life goes by until I hit 26.

That was five and a half years ago.  That coincides with the birth of my first child. 

Remember when you were a young kid?  Let's say...eleven.  All you wanted to be able to do was be a high-schooler?  You wanted to drive your own car or truck.  You wanted to hang out at McDonald's or Chevron with your friends.  You yearned for the day when you didn't have to ride in the car with mom and grandma.

It was probably around that time that you started your NKOTB crush or buying Tiger or J14 magazines.  You patterned your outfits off of 90210 or Kelly from Saved By The Bell.  You wanted to wear lipstick and you were going to use hairspray. 

All you wanted was....to be older.

Life is funny. 

As soon as you finally got older - say 16 - things started speeding up a bit.  First you were a freshman and then boom you're having cap and gown pictures made.  You went off to school (or went to community college - nothing wrong with that - it seems to be the better move these days).  And then ba-boom you were walking across a stage and praying to God you could find a job to start paying off that college debt degree you successfully received.

23.....24......25

The years started going back by cars on the freeway.  The 35mph pace you experienced twenty years ago suddenly increased to 75 and you can't quite remember when you passed the sign that said increase speed.

My increase speed sign occured on September 4, 2007 at 7:10pm.  I didn't see it but I sure as hell felt it.  A bald headed baby girl with chunky cheeks had a neon sign across her body that said - Increase Speed Now.

She's 5 1/2 years old now.  I think that deep down we really aren't headed into May 2013 but maybe May 2008.  Oh well....I'm not pressing the gas I'll just continue to try to coast along.  All too soon she'll be the one who is saying she wants to be older....bigger.  She'll be the one crushing over the next boy act and wanting to wear a certain style of clothes because some girl on the tv makes her think it is cool.  Pretty soon she'll see the teenagers hanging out (whereever they do now) and she'll be dreaming of being "cool" and being right there with her pals. 

Unfortunately, for me.......that bridge is coming faster than I ever dreamt.

Keep coasting.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all had a good weekend.  This week we'll be delving into some of these topics:  saving cash in the trash, bad food says who, and more fun with demented grandma and some entertainment thrown in there along with this old house.

I am also starting up a new litty ditty but we'll talk about it later.

I hope your Monday is smooth as buttah.

See ya on the flip side of Monday (that's called Tuesday).

----------------------------------------------------------------

Be good to yourself and apply lotion liberally -


Brownie


Sharing is caring - share my blog please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!