Monday, April 15, 2013

A Blessed Wifey

4.15.13
2013 Anniversary Shot....pre sun burn!

It finally came and then was over before you could click your heels three times.

The anniversary trip that is.

We left Friday and as quickly as Friday morning vanished it was Sunday afternoon and we were experiencing the grueling drive back up into the better Carolina.  (Sorry SC you have to admit it, you have Charleston.....and well that's it).

The trip was iced with beautiful weather that allowed us to spend Saturday afternoon laying on the sand and watching the Canadians play in the icey to us hot to them water.

I scored some new summer clothes and shoes.  The hubby scored a couple new tshirts to his dwindling collection and a "good" shirt to add to the going out rack.

I will never complain when I find a pair of Etienne Aigner and a pair of Naturalizer that fit great and are only $15 a pair!

I got the hots for my bag boy...
The trip was great, relaxing, enjoyable.  I didn't have a diaper to change, a five year old telling me she's bored or asking for a playdate, there were no cartoons on the television, and rum was a regular staple for one evening.....yes rejuvenated I am.

That was our first trip to Myrtle Beach, SC in four years.  We aren't MB people.  Nothing against any of you who are we just don't particularly care for it during "season".  We like the smaller beaches that afford the availablity of walking everywhere you want to go and where actually sitting on your porch or beach is considered a pasttime.  Cheap relaxing fun is a good seat and a blender.

I do miss the outlets (but we have them in Mebane too...and Blowing Rock....and Concord).  I miss hmmm....well.  I guess that is it.

Flat bill hats = stupid but with the Wolfpack emblem I may let this one pass.

My take on MB is you can only have so many shops with air brush art, MB tshirts, SC Palmetto decal stickers, and vulgar shirts before you go a little down the totem pole....
This is what MB will do to you....

The weather was great.  The beach was fantastic and Molly Darcy's was as delicious as it used to be.
Lunch view @ Molly Darcy's my favorite beach joint at Crescent Beach

The hubby enjoying himself

Trying to figure out a camera mode - snap!



This trip was decorated with Canadians.  They call themselves snowbirds.  From November to May they come down and decorate the hotels, condos, and bars.  They say "ay" and "ya know".  I was seated next to an ancient Canadian at the bar in our hotel.  She was seventy-five, had a great accent and all she wanted to talk about was her time in the Congo.  I couldn't quite follow her - she was a union person in Canada and she was a doctor and she was a nurse and she lived in the arctic and she had inuit grandchildren and she went to Prague.  Needless to say after her incessant babble all I could remember was South Park and "Blame Canada" ------

My husband enjoyed talking to a man with do it yourself tats and a history at a steel mill.

--------------------------------------------

I love my husband.  He made this trip fanstastic.  It was a great change from the every day we all get so used to.  The driving the kids here and there, laundry, dishes, lunches, dinners, baths, boo boos.  It was a much needed break.  It was fun to force myself to stay in bed until 9am.  It was nice to be able to take showers when I wanted to without timing myself for five minutes.

The whole time we were there he said this trip was for me.  If  I wanted to do something we were doing it and if I wanted something I was getting it.  Being Queen of the Tightwads that last one wasn't a go because I wanted to find a great deal and would not settle for anything else.

He does a lot for me and the bambinos.  He works 45+ hours a week away from home and when he's here he's always working on making something better around here.  It doesn't go unnoticed.  He is a good husband and a good dad.

I am extremely, knowingly blessed.

--------------------------------------------------------

See you guys later this week with some recipes.

Be good to each other and have a little fun,


Brownie

Sharing is caring!  Share this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!