Monday, April 8, 2013

Flopless in the Spring Time

4.8.13 Ahhh the sun

I think winter said goodbye last Thursday as it snowed, sleeted, and rained itself away.  Cold tears from the bleak season to tell us all - til we meet again (which will be sooner than you think).

This weekend was pure weather perfection.  It was short sleeve weather and by the time the dinner bell rang it was feeling more like short pants season (capri, clamdigger, bermuda, shorts, hot pants).  The sky was blue the sun was bright yellow and the butterflies, bees, and birds were all decorating the early blooming flowers and shrubs.  This is an NC April. God love it.

Saturday morning was a stressful, unhappy time for me.  The hubby was at work and the children were not cooperating.  Ok, the baby is obsolete from that comment.  The five year old doesn't have much in the line of chores to do.  Her main job is to make her bed and keep her room and playroom (a very loosely defined) tidy.  For the most part she does an OK job.  One part of keeping her room organized is keeping her dance stuff on the dance shelf and the soccer stuff on a soccer shelf.  This is apparently just too much to handle.

Saturday morning -

1.  She cannot find her shin guards.
2.  She cannot seem to put her soccer socks on.
3.  I cannot stop for five seconds to organize my thoughts.
4.  I needed to pack the baby's bag.
5.  I needed to pack the team snacks.

Evaulation -

1.  She isn't really looking for her shin guards - she's walking in a circle dazed and confused.  This is aggravating me.
2.  She throws a fit when I say - Just put on your socks.  She says she can't and throws them down and proceeds to pout.  This is making my blood pressure hit record numbers.
3.  My thoughts are starting to organize on why people should not have children and if they do they should never introduce them to any extracurricular until they can purchase the needed equipment themselves (and maybe that will help them keep up with it) and they can drive themselves to their practices and games.
4.  Baby bags - over them.  Sorry to all the millions of bag companies out there. 
5.  The easiest part of the whole issue was the team snacks.  Open fridge, throw in waters.  Throw in snack cups and crackers.  POOF done.

Conclusion -

1.  I found her shin guards.
2.  I put her socks on her.
3.  My mind is now screaming - it is 8:55 and we're supposed to be at breakfast at 9:00 and its fifteen minutes away. 
4.  Not even worried about the baby bag anymore and will be totally downsizing to make it relax me.
5.  Snacks are in the trunk.  Thank God I only have to bring them one time this season.

When we got to the soccer match my kid didn't want to warm up.  If anyone needs to warm up - its my kid. 

During the third quarter she got hit in the face with the ball.  Way to not use your hands was my initial sentiment.  She wasn't bleeding or missing any pearly whites.  She did sit out half a quarter due to the fear the hit had inflicted in her.

The snacks were a hit.

On the way home she said - "I don't think I want to play soccer mom."

I knew what had triggered this.  The hit in the face.  I just took a deep breath and said - "That's ok but you are a part of a team and that means you don't quit.  You'll finish out this season and be done."

To which she replied - "Great.  I will have more time for gymnastics."

Wait, what?

----------------------------------------------

Anyone on Mirena?  I say that and I get sighs and eye rolls.  So many negative comments.  I must say my overall feeling on my new organ (well it isn't new anymore) is that its ok.  I like not having to worry about a medicine every day.  I have noticed a terrible side effect - for me, maybe not the majority - horribly bad PMS. 

It normally last a day or two and it makes me the woman your mama warned you about.  I literally could poke your eyes out with my index and bird and then keep walking.  I also start to feel like I am trapped.  My husband forced me out on my own without any kids Saturday night.  Apparently, he didn't like my PMS playing style and said get off the court.  It is amazing what two hours alone can do for you.

It was all I needed.

I also got a pair of jeans (we can thank my regular workouts and food choices for the need for a smaller size) and a new bra.  Oh yeah ----- so happy!  A good bra can make you a different woman.  When it is pretty it just adds to the joy.

----------------------------------------

In college I had a great closet.  It was massive.  I mean seriously it was probably the size of your kitchen.  It was great!!!  I miss it.  It had loads of shelving and racks.  In that closet was a lot of college girl clothes - trendy, fun, made for someone who never had grown a kid in the area of the abdomen.  There was also a plethra of flip flops.  Rainbow, Old Navy, Adidas, then the various "dressy" flops.  I remember at one point I had thirty-six pair.  I wore them during each season.  I loved them.  They rocked out. 

As I got a little older my flip flop stash began a decline. 

I now have....zero pair of flip flops.

I think that right there is a cry for help.

I had some Rafters but over the weekend they disappeared.  I am searching for them - high and low.  They were so comfy and cool and awesome and mine. 

Now they are missing.

There is something so sad as realizing your shoes now consist of black dress shoes, boat shoes and your trusty running shoes.  Where is the fun?

Well, don't cry for me Argentina - I will be fixing the flip flop problem in about four days.

--------------------------------

Be good to one another and go out and get some natural Vitamin D!


Brownie
Got a kid who says they're bored all the time?  Dig a hole and sit them in it.  She loved it.

My Sunday project.

My hard working fatty.

My hubby's current project.  Notice the kid.

Little man enjoying the sunshine after his sister's game.

The day the soccer thrill ended.

Hanging in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!