Friday, April 5, 2013

Swingsets, slides, and simple fun

4.5.13 Spring Break is closing up shop.

Another week is wrapping up.  These weeks seem to pass at an extremely high speed for me.

Last night I made a new recipe and it was a total disaster.  Asian Beef Stir Fry is not something for my palate or my kitchen.  It smelled delicious it sauteed on the stove top.  It tasted mediocre.  My little doggie enjoyed the majority of it for his dinner.  The kid got a PB&J and the husband was on a fend for yourself mode (aka he didn't eat anything because if it it means he has to whip up something for himself he just goes without....have I mentioned I feel like he will die of a metabolic disease or heart disease?).

Have you ever made a dish and though "never ever again"..........

When we were newlyweds I found this recipe for a casserole.  It was meat, cheese and veggies.  As I was making it I started thinking - Oh God this is not good!  It called for about three cannisters of salt and seventeen bags of frozen peas.....ok that may be an overshot but it was disgusting.  I refused to eat it but my husband powered through slow bite after slow bite.  I remember bursting into laughter and saying STOP EATING IT!

We ordered a pizza.

Fun stuff.

------------------------------

I am enjoying my little girl's singing to Miranda Lambert's new song Mama's Broken Heart.

----------------------------

My little fella is really hitting some milestones.  He crawls all around in that army-esque body drag.  He goes from that stance to sitting up on his own.  It amazes me his speed as he goes from one room to another.  I think my babyproofing is ok for now.  I still feel like the hawk watching the mouse as I follow him from room to room.  I'm always ready to scoop him up from the heat vent - twenty five times in three minutes.

Part of me is excited as he starts toying with the idea of grabbing on to the ottoman to pull on up.  The other part of me is saying - no, not yet.  He's my last itty bitty and therefore is expected to grow a bit slower than his big sister.  Or rather, and therefore is expected to grow at quadruple her rate.

I have noticed some differences between my baby girl and my baby boy.  She was very independent and ready to do everything on her own.  This little guy, well not so much.  She took her bottle from me and fed herself.  He will take it for a few seconds and then realize he's holding it on his own and drop it.  That's ok....I'll take it.  He is my last itty bitty.

-----------------------------

This weekend has a to do list for me.  What about you?

My task this weekend is to pressure wash and stain the swingset/fort in the backyard.  The baby has a swing but the little lady's swing needs to be replaced.  She wants a tire swing.  I love tire swings.  They are perfect for one, two or three.  They twist around really well.  They're just fun.

If you have the availability and you have a kid or twelve you should invest in a play area in the back yard, front yard, or side yard.  Kids need to be outside - they need fresh air, sunshine, dirt, imagination.  They need the Vitamin D.  Grass stains are an importan color of childhood as is sweaty hair, and staring at bumble bees, birds and butterflies.

They are a great piece of play for playdates and a fun place for picnics.  They don't dirty or clutter up your livingroom. 

The best part - you can pull up a lawn chair and sip some lemonade and watch them play.  You can go down the slide a few times.  You can read a book on a blanket while you catch a few rays.  You can plant your garden or your flowers.  See, everyone wins.

-----------------------------------------

I hope you guys have a terrific weekend in the sunshine.  I smell poop so I better go ahead and end this post here.

-----------------------------------------

Have a happy and healthy day -


Brownie

Sharing is caring - share this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!