Wednesday, April 24, 2013

C'mon and do the humpty hump!

4.24.13

It is a new day.  I now have an 8 month old who is starting to pull up <shriek>.  I also now have a new fitness class that is just what I have been looking for.  The weather is shaping up to be beautiful.  Oh man that sounds like a recipe for a good day in Brownie Land.

A little housekeeping before I go on with today's blog.  There will be no post tomorrow.  I normally do a Demented Thursday post but due to a dental appointment I will be the demented one with a novacain filled face.  Friday will be chock full of fun....I hope.  So if you subscribe do not expect a notification tomorrow.

#EndAlz

-----------------------------------------------------

What's the new fitness class?

So you know I go to the YMCA.  I had been doing my eliptical/running stint with some weights here and there.  Well that got pretty boring.  I decided to mix it up and with the weather being beautiful I was strapping the bambino in the stroller and chugging away three miles a morning.  Then the cold snap came and I was starting to slack. 

I needed something new.

Since I had the baby I had been wanting to do more focus on conditoning and stretching.  I always feel like I'm a tense ball of tight muscles - and not tight the way I want them to be.  I wanted yoga but not a full hour because I'd be snoring in the back (new baby).  Pilates had always interested me but I just couldn't get to a class and I was totally afraid to do that off the bat because pilates can be a bit intense for someone just getting back in the groove (however the YMCA offers it for every fitness level).  I looked at schedules but nothing was pulling me in.

Then came Body Flow.

It was like an answered prayer this morning.  I was getting yoga, pilates and a taste of Tai Chi.  I used to have some strength and balance but now I'm a weeble wobble teetering here and there.  I didn't care....I set goals and I meet my goals.  I am looking forward to going back to this class.

-------------------------------------------------

This old house....

As my regular readers know we are prepping for a remodel in our home.  It is literally a from-the-ground-up refresh to the 1930's home.  The foundation/basement is getting fixed and the kitchen, bath, and back of the of the house are all getting tranformed too.

I am a tiny bit A type in case you haven't noticed.  (Note the need for yoga)

I have this blue binder, 1/2 inch thick, Sharpied covered that has "House Project" on it.  That binder has notes from each person we have talked to from my mom to the mason to the Mason.  It is my diary and my journal, my scrapbook and my dream book.  It is what everything refering to the remodel goes in (unless it is a Pinterest Pin). 

Is it a curse or a blessing to be a paperholic?  In an age where computers are on us constantly (smartphones, ipads, etc) is being a binder babe bad news?  Is using paper non ecofriendly?

You can imagine if I am a binder girl I am also a list maker.  I have a friend from college who, like me, admitted to writing things down on her list just to mark them off (guilty am I as well).  That's so refreshing - to make a line through things accomplished.  She also said she'd have a binder too if she were on a remodel. I am not alone!

Like this OLD house I like the OLD way of having a piece of paper to touch and feel and carry around.  This could be why I haven't purchased a Nook.  I have an app on my phone - Out Of Milk - it is for the list making mamas of the world and I do use it but I still have my paper and pencil.  I guess the actual skill of writing with the ancient tools of ink and lead just feels a bit more impowering than making a line with a finger or clicking "done" on a screen.

Tomorrow I will be venturing to the kitchen design studio for some professional leadership.  I realize I will be going with a numb face....perhaps that's a good thing.  Maybe my look of shock and terror will not materialize due to the dentist mixing up Botox and Novacain.

I will have my binder in hand. 

--------------------------------------------------------

Today is proving to be awesome.  If you have Forsythia (Yellow Bells) that have bloomed and are now back to a lush green you can go ahead and cut them back.  I have totally cut mine down to the ground this year. 
Starting out....

Finished product! Don't worry next year it will probably be twice the size it was this year.
Before I started I was tempted to create some Muppet style eyes and put them on it.  Would have been totally cute and creepy.

Someone emailed me to tell me thank you for the advice of not packing away winter clothes until May 1.  Around here it has been pretty chilly with lows in the 30s/40s and cool highs in the 50s/60s.  You don't have to thank me - just share the blog.

Yeah blondie that's supposed to be 8!

There ya go!  You are 8 months old little brother!

Enjoying this beautiful day!


-----------------------------------------------------------

The local Dollar Tree changed their hours to 9-9 instead of 8-9.  I went to Dollar General in retaliation and boy oh boy am I glad I did!  I may be done with the Dollar Tree now.  I believe our DG was being inventoried - there were a ton of guys in there counting and typing and checking in with a couple other guys.  I can say I have been a DG shopper in the past but today I fell totally in love with them all over again.   I scored the same $1 deals BUT also scored something I had been looking for that Lowes Home Improvement failed to offer - a garden flag pole/stand combo -  $3 at DG oh heck yeah. 

They also had these adorable diaper covers for $1.  (Must say I miss the cute little diaper covers little girls get with their outfits!)
  And since I'm decorating some headbands for my little girl - I got a six pack of the fabric covered ones (so her head won't hurt) for $1.  (Only the top one has a little something on it, the rest are plain jane!)
  Shut the front door - thank you Tennessee for Dollar General.  From now on you are my choice over Dollar Tree and Walmart (hey guys its what I have to work with here).

I also realized that in this little bitty NC county I live in we have FOUR Dollar General's....even more awesome.

------------------------------------------------------------

Be good to yourself today -


Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!