Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Detox

4.3.13

Yesterday my brother was bit in butt by a police dog.  Now that is one heck of an open ended sentence!  I may just let you ponder upon it - whatever is going through your head is making me crack up.

Ok one crack from me:

He went to the doctor but they said they would have to do a total butt removal and decided that would be too risky considering he's a major ass most of the time.  HA!  One for me.

(Where's her Jesus t-shirt?  Jesus likes to laugh too people, chill out.)

-----------------

Around here there are some changes taking place.  My husband is rennovating/remodeling our little garage building so it can be of some use to us all.  Use meaning we can park the car in it, store things in it, use it to make and fix stuff....very exciting stuff if you're older than 15 or under 12.  Last night he and the diva worked until close to nine p.m. on it.  I decided I needed a project.

And Jesus wept.

Everything on my project list has to occur after something else happens.  Those something elses I will refer to as man jobs.  Back off Gloria Steinam I chose that term and I like wearing pretty bras. 

Here are some of my tasks:

1.  Paint the kitchen (after we get new cabinets -man job)
2.  Put down new kitchen flooring (after we ge new cabinets - man job & after I paint the kitchen)
3.  Paint the hall (keep reading)

So I decided to tackle number three last night with phase one.

Phase one included pulling down the pseudo chair railing and wallpaper that had been up for about twenty years.  It was a classic style - just stripes.  However, it wasn't classic enough for me and though the nineties were a fun time I do not care for my home to adorn that fun time.

It started with a vacuum cleaner.  Vacuuming hardwoods - that's how I sweep in 2013.  Then the curious cat began to plan - I am the curious cat.  Hmmm, that faux chair railing looks like it would - come down easy!!!! And it did!  No nasty mess behind it!  Hmmm, that wallpaper looks like it would pull down easy!!!!  And it did - wait, stop - the pretty front part did - the adhesive did not.  I'm ok with that, I know a secret to removing that crap it is called fabric softner!

The best part ever?  My little girl decided to come in as I was 25% through the task and she sat right down and started taking it down with me!  It became a challenge and she liked it. 

And Jesus wept!

With her determination we stripped the entire hall in about forty-five minutes.

I was proud of her.  Very proud and I do hope the aliens who invaded her body to make her such a complete and total help welcome themselves back again ANY TIME!

Another decision was made as we finished up our task....I will not be painting that hall way.  Our walls go up about 12 feet (guessing) to 14 feet and I hate heights and I also hate painting (you were thinking I was all about it but I detest it - however like death and taxes it will be done).  It will be painted by someone else.  My smart hubby already got a card from who I think I would like to do it.

----------------

PSA:  Wallpaper is deadly and should never be hung.  It can cause fits of rage including and not limited to:  cussing, punching, crying, screaming, headaches, alcoholism.  Friends don't let friends hang wallpaper. 

----------------

Last night while hubbz was doing his manly stuff outside he created a pile of rock about the size of a small mountain near Boone.  I am totally stoked about this!  All I can say is FLOWER BED!  Some of the rocks are giant in proportion, totally amazing stoked!  I like me some geological features.

----------------

I'm going to reward my princess today for being a great help without anyone asking - we're going swimming.  I wish I could say we were going to hit the golden sands of Florida or Grand Bahama but no it will be the chlorinated swirl of the local YMCA.  Strangely enough - I think she finds that more attractive than palm trees and salty seas....I'll take it.

-----------------

Have a happy and healthy day -


Brownie

Share this blog, I appreciate your sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!