Friday, April 19, 2013

Teething and Tutus

4.19.13

It is Friday.  What a week it has been.  Nationally we had yet another terrorism act, an explosion in Texas at a fertilizer mill, and some pissed off politicians over guns.  Yes, I actually saw the news this week.  I do not normally watch the news because.....it is depressing.

Here in Brownie World we have had a big week as well.  One step closer to big kid school we are!  A loose tooth - the first!  Dance is winding down as they prepare for recital.  It has been a full and good week. 


The littlest member of Brownie Land is dealing with the immense pain of gaining pearly whites.  My daughter never had an issue with teething.  The only way I knew she was teething was by the yucky diapers and chewing.  She never missed a moment of sleep due to the pain.  The boy on the other hand....let's just say that he's letting me know how the rest of the parental population feels. 



----------------------------------------------------------

What plans do you have for the weekend?

North Carolina is looking at a pretty typical spring weekend of sixty something degree days and sunshine.  After our soccer game I'm sure I'll be out back painting the swingset and fort.  This has been on my to-do list since before Easter.  I will conquer this this weekend!

Question:  Do your husbands go grocery shopping with you?

When we were newlyweds we went grocery shopping together. Then it became my job.  Then it became my time alone.  I would go get coffee and aimlessly roam the store - actually reading the packages of foods and looking at magazines for inspiration (sometimes food sometimes just at hot actors). 

This weekend I want the hubby to go with me.  No, I haven't lost my cheerios.  I just want to mix it up a bit and tell him to push the cart and pick out the choice meats for a while.  We just exhausted my stash I bought in January and until I get back to stock up for the summer we're going to take advantage of some local sales. 

We'll see how it goes.  I think he'll be game.  He's a good guy.  (I say this in my best Italian/Al Pacino accent possible).

----------------------------------------------------------

Last month I gave you a new entry called my favorite things.  I have a few more to share with you this Friday. 

1.  While we were at the beach last weekend we enjoyed a lot of outdoors time. The weather was absolutely perfecto!  I failed to pack any sunscreen because I felt like it wouldn't be quite lay out weather.  Well....I was wrong.

The only area of my body that had lotion on it was my face.  While my arms, back, and legs got fried like anything in Paula Deen's kitchen - my face remained totally safe!  This is all thanks to Rimmel BB Cream!  This stuff is off the chain ladies!  It is also very inexpensive.  I am so pleased at how well it covers and corrects skin issues.  I think this would be a great choice for ANY AGE who needs a good total coverage base.  I believe I paid close to $5 at Walmart.

2.  Yopa is my go to snack after I work out in the mornings.  If you don't particularly like Greek Yogurt you should give Yopa a try.  Its low cal and totally good for you.  I take it with my multi vitamin so that I don't get that nasty vitamin induced headache.

3.  Purple nail polish.  This is my current favorite.  I need not say anything else!  Wet n Wild for the color.

 ---------------------------------

Last for the week:  My husband has a friend who is going through a dreadful part of life - watching his mom slowly pass away.  Please keep him in your prayers as he comes to terms with this last phase of the process.

----------------------------------------------

Be good to your earth - you only get one -

Brownie

Share it babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!