Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Green all the way around!

4.30.13  Peace out April, you've been fun.

What is up this afternoon?  I got a great email from a blog reader - Katie.  She said she basis her break time at work around when she gets an alert of my blog posting!  That was pretty cool - she enjoys a bit of Brownie World with coffee and chocolate - ermagherd girl that sounds delish!

Thanks for reading!

When do you read Brownie World?

---------------------------------------------------------

I hopped on the Book of Face this morning while my own coffee was brewing.  The coolest idea with metal hangers was in my news feed.  If you are like I was about three years ago then you may be covered in those triangulated pieces of wire that the professional cleaners out there love to use.  My husband's uniforms were (at the time) cleaned by the company that rents them and they would always come in one day a week with five billion wire hangers.  I hated them, detested them....what good could come out of wire hangers?

Three years later....

I wish he still was getting them professionally cleaned!

Wow - great idea for so many reasons!

1.  Recycling at its best!
2.  Space conservation at its best!
3.  Free!

So this idea came from the FB Page:  Different Solutions - Like them!

Some of their ideas are totally "out there" and for those of you who prefer no deodorant or razors come into close proximity of your home.  Others are just perfect for those of us with a "green conscious"!

Of course some of the ideas had me rolling my eyes and also rolling on the floor - enjoy the cheap wheelchair.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Is Facebook starting to mimic Pinterest a little these days or is it just me?  My mother's FB wall seems to be a pin board for the most fattening foods available to man from sources other than Georgia's finest Deen woman.

Lately, I have just noticed that one.

--------------------------------------------------------------

While we're still near the being green topic of the day who is up for saving a little green?

I have noticed that many of us purchase our groceries or morning coffee and at the end of our transaction we are given something called a receipt.  What do you do with those receipts?

I'll tell you what I do.  I push them in my wallet or my pocket or the diaper bag and when I finally get around to cleaning those areas out I generally look at the date and amount and make sure it matches my register and then to the trash it goes.

Turns out I have been trashing money.  I bet you have too.

Here's a money saving challenge for you - tomorrow when you are out and about doing whatever it is you may do save every single receipt you get.  When the kids are in the bed and the husband is appropriately seduced by the ESPN crew pull out your stash of receipts and start reading.

Here's what I found (last week):

Dollar General Receipt - $5 off a $25 purchase on 4.27, special intro rate to switch to Dish Network, BOGO Whopper at BK good until 5.27.13

Dunkin Donuts Receipt - Do a fifteen second online survey and get a free donut ($1 savings)

Wendy's Receipt - on the back Tell Us What You Think and get a free sandwich

Sonic Receipt - Do a fifteen second survey and get $3 off your next purchase of $3 or more.

(Ok so now you're like whoa you are a fast food junkie - no but I am a coffee junkie and I also fall victim to Sonic's happy hour for a diet slush bad bad me)

Others have share with me that Walgreens also has money savers on their receipts as do many retailers at local malls (What is a mall?  I cannot seem to remember that structure.)

I challenge you to save yourself at least $3 this week by taking advantage  that money you were balling up and throwing away.  When people hand you savings - take advantage of it!

If you find a great money saver on a receipt let me know so I can share it!  Just email me or leave a comment.

------------------------------------------------

Body Flow Class 3 - I am still a bumble bee - how do I keep myself balanced?  At home I practice my balance and do well - get to class and I'm falling over myself.  Good gracious.  Looking forward to my next class.

Next week I will be upping (is that how you spell it) my game.  I'm going to do Body Pump again.  Oh dear Lord in heaven.  I haven't done this since it had another name in 2010 or was it 2011.  I know it will kick my tail and I will be unable to move for a few days but that's also the lure of the class.

So yes that's Brownie in the back looking like a heart attack would be easier on her than trying to keep up with those fantastically cut people in the front.  Just ignore her.

------------------------------------------------

And you like the Real Housewives too!  Yay!  My husband told me it is the number one show across the globe - not surprised I mean it is shear brainless genius!  It doesn't matter the city, if the show starts out The Real Housewives of then it is number one.  Kudos @BravoAndy

I watched our OC girls last night.  Here are the highlights:

The girls had a dinner and there was a cat fight between Vicki/Alexis and Tamra/Gretchen.  They all talked mad crap about one another.  Wait was that last week or this week?  Oh hell its the same song and dance as usual.

So far....Lydia um...she needs a burger and ten milkshakes - loaded with whole milk honey no skim or soy or almond - whole cow's utter milk.

----------------------------------------------

My hubby and I stayed on the Bravo channel to watch The Queen of Versailles.  If you are in need of an reaffirmation of what is important in life and why then watch this documentary.  If you grew up learning that money is the root of all evil then that lesson will be taught once again.  Let money rule your world and watch your world crumble....crumble.....crumble.

As the great P Diddy, Puff Daddy, Sean Puffy Combs said - More Money More Problems.

You can have the biggest man made boobs in the world, the most nannies from the Philippines, the nicest European car available and still be building and buying but that void that you keep feeling will never ever find what it needs. No sir, not until you realize money is for possessions and possessions will never show you the one basic human need that cannot be met with the swipe of a card, signature on a loan, or lottery winner's check.  Love is not available for purchase - it is free and it is rampant - it is a natural resource that starts inside yourself.  You will not get a monthly statement or bill from it in your mailbox but you will get something exciting - happiness - pure and total happiness.  Money cannot buy what we need to live the good life - it can only ruin us - making us think it can buy our heart's true desire - which is not for sale....anywhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Be good to your green heart -


Brownie

Share the Love of Brownie World!







2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Andy!!! Looks like you are doing FANTASTIC these days. That's so awesome!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!