Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston, Budgets, Boob Tube & Blasting Fat Recipe!

4.16.13

As all our eyes turned to Boston yesterday afternoon I thought:  Again.

Again a regular day is ruined by acts of terrorism - whether it came from internal or external forms is all to the side - it was evil and it was uncalled for.

Again the world's super power took a blow to the knee.  It made us fall but didn't take us totally out of the race.  We applied the ice, we took a time out, and now we get up and push through.

Again we wonder why this happened.

America home of the Big Brother Complex.  We want to "save the world" - we want to look away from the issues at home and focus on the issues out there - and in the process we anger more and more people.

As our dollar falls our nation falls.  Senseless acts of evil show up more and more on our television sets at 7, 12, 6, and 11.  As we take our mission of "good" to more and more war tattered countries we gain more and more bad enemies.

I'm liberal when I need to be and conservative when it is appropriate.  Today I'm a red blooded American who is sick and tired of our country running its overweight self into a hole and not giving a damn that this time may be the time we cannot pull ourselves back out.  I'm sick of wondering when America will look more like Israel with daily/weekly attacks.  I'm wondering when our economic system will begin looking like Europe's economic demise.  I'm wondering when people will realize our focus may need to be within our own boundaries and not in the Middle East's, Africa, or Asia.

I'm wondering if what I learned about in college (not a religious affiliated university but state funded) - how America (or a country such as it) is not mentioned in the prophecies of end times because it was dropped to nothing well before the end of the world as we know it - will come to fruition.

Boston - you are in my thoughts and prayers.

-------------------------------------------------------

I work out because it is a great stress reliever.  Nothing like taking all that pent up frustration and stress and pouring it all into a good sweat in the gym or on the pavement.

I like to think I'm good at managing the stress monster.  I don't drink (ok I do drink but not to cover up anything) or smoke or take pills.  I play in the dirt....I work out....I clean....all very positive aspects to dealing right?

Yesterday I got our first formal estimate on fixing the big bully that is our basement and foundation.  It was (strangely enough) in line with what I expected it to be.  I was (strangely enough) excited that I had estimated their estimate correctly!  Of course there is a little voice deep down saying - Now lets beat this!

This house is a stressor for me.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds that their hacienda is the source of what makes them want to down a bottle of Vodka like a meat head downs Gatorade after a good bench session.  There are so many ifs/ands/buts.  There are so many coulda/woulda/shouldas.  This house has the potential to drive me to say something very mean to someone and it also has the power to keep me mum.

This damn house.  Ok that's it, who wants to go to the liquor store?

----------------------------------------

Monday Night TV is precious isn't it?  Ok for me it is.  Real Housewives of Orange County is back on!  They are my favorite group to say the least. 

Tamra & Gretchen are the girls that never got out of highschool.  They're cute and funny and stupid.
Vicki is an unhot mess.  That new face of hers will make millions on Halloween mask sales this year.  Her daughter is he only normal person on the show.  It is a blessing she made it out normal.
Alexis is an Ice Queen.  She loves to pull the Jesus card but seriously!
Heather the Jewish Princess of the OC.  She's a yiddish word for female dog.  Her husband should grow a set and stand up to her.  That whole clambake thing.....laugh laugh laugh.  Last night his whole - "I'm not the dad who helps at home" made me laugh a little - like his way of saying screw you rude wife.  Then again it just all looks to be a sickening wealthy sad situation.

Next week I'll give my input on Lydia as if anyone gives a hot turkeydog.

Dallas has ended for the season.  I'm really glad this show is back 20 years later.  Yes, its a ridiculous PM soap opera but it is fun to watch.  The cheeseball method of this show makes me enjoy it even more.  My husband loves it too.  Pretty crazy ending last night - spoiler alert, JR killed himself.

Sunday tv is back on our radar with Mad Men being back on Sundays at 10pm.  We love Mad Men - I mean love it.  It is not for the family - its a mom and dad boob tube show (take boob however you wish).  Don Draper is one hot tottie ladies - check him out.  Unfortunately, he's a mess of a man.

---------------------------------

Let's cook something!

I made a Pinterest Recipe....

Here it is Chicken & Broccoli Casserole

I didn't have any cream of mushroom soup so I had to whip up my own (which is preferred, do you know what is in that junk in the can?  Disgustingness is what it is people.  Here's a great link to making your own "cream of" soups!

So back to the casserole from Pinterest....

I added in onions and garlic pepper plus a clove of garlic and we felt it still needed flavor.  Last week I made homemade ranch (low cal/fat) and we put a bit on our plates with a good helping of Texas Pete (we are NOT a Tabasco house) and boom it was perfecto!

We'll have it again with some variation.

By the way this is a Weight Watchers Recipe and if you go by the recipe you'll have a 5 point dish.  Of course you cannot add Ranch....

------------------------------------------------

Treat your neighbor as your brother (eeek unless your neighbor is your brother whose name is Avery) -


Brownie

Sharing is Caring

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!