Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Break time with Amanda & Chobani Greek Yogurt

In a world of hashtags, this one caught my eye:  #breakyoumake ....

Seriously, do you make a break for yourself each day?   A lot of us just do not carve out that necessary "me time".  We're so busy with errands and appointments, chores and work, running here and there, that we rarely give ourselves a few minutes to just...be.

The question posed to me when I saw this hashtag was who in my life deserves a break?    I want you meet a lady who is really worthy of a good, long break time.

                                                Image result for chobani logo


One day a month I hop in my car and meet a lady named Wanda in the local Dollar Tree parking lot.  Ms. Wanda is in her late fifties, early sixties, and that is just my guess-timation.  She was a Teacher's Assistant at the elementary school I attended; and actually my T.A. in the third grade.





I can tell you I didn't know very much about this lady until last September when I needed some extra money (remember that whole house thing?) and my mom told her I would help her do some cleaning.  My only recollections were from a nine year old's standpoint.  She graded our papers, made copies, had her favorites in class (no, not me), and was kind of loud!

Ms. Wanda retired from the public school system after 30+ years and began cleaning houses to make ends meet.  Here's a lady who gave more years than I've been alive to assisting teachers and helping children and her retirement won't even cover her living expenses.  That's heartbreaking.

Getting to know Ms. Wanda from an adult standpoint (and being a little more mature than my third grade self) has been a true delight.  She's a mess!  Ms. Wanda loves to talk and gets so excited when we talk about her passion - the school she served for so many years.  She always wants to know about my first grader (a student there now) and how my mom is doing (though she sees her oftentimes twice a month) with her classroom this year.

Ms. Wanda doesn't break the bank with her housecleaning.  However, she feels such a loyalty to the elementary school that was her life for so long that every year she brings the teachers and staff a very fine catered meal from the local bakery.  This year pastas, salads, chicken, bread, and all the cakes you can imagine.  Then a week later - pizza, salad, bread, and more desserts.

She feels like she owes it to the school that was home for so long.




That breaks my heart.  Here's a retired 50-something who is working seven days a week to keep her home floating along and all she can think about is how she can help out or give to her old employer.

Ms. Wanda isn't a self centered woman in any fashion.  Her heart is huge and her love for others is deep.

I enjoy my time with Ms. Wanda because I know she appreciates the conversation and laughter we share.

She's shared her fears with me and they aren't fears that any retired public servant should have.  She's shared why she does the acts of kindness over and over - "one day I may need some help" - and my heart just aches for her.




Ms. Wanda is who needs a break in my little world.  She's a golden lady who does and does for others and sadly I don't see where too many, if any, are doing a thing for her.  I wish I had a magic wand and could grant her some peace and calm and take away the worry.  I wish I could reward her for all the rewards she's placed in the lives of others.  She's one of those women who make the world a better place and often go unnoticed.

Not today.

Here's to Ms. Wanda and all the others just like her.

***







Hey you, I want you to take a break with Chobani Flip!  I'm all for purchasing only natural foods with non GMO ingredients and the folks at Chobani are on a mission to make you healthier with their awesome product.

Click here to see how they make a great product that you can trust.  I have been buying Chobani for our household since my daughter was two years old.  Now the brand is expanding its amazing yogurt line and its at the satisfaction of your taste buds!

Chobani Flip is delicious!

Chocolate Haze Craze
Chocolate Haze Craze, yes!
With my eating schedule of protein shakes and two strong snacks during the day this is the perfect fit!  The smooth richness of greek yogurt along with the crunch of an assortment of nuts and other ingredients its the perfect sweet and crunchy treat to go for.

Let's not even talk about how bathing suit friendly this product is!

Key Lime Crumble
I cannot wait to get my hands on a Key Lime!


So add this product to your shopping list and start making your days a little happier and healthier.  Oh and be sure to get yourself a break time in today!


***

Who deserves a break in your life?  Share in the comments or in your own post!  

Are you a Chobani fan too?  What is your favorite product?  Have you tried Flips?  Share all about it!  











No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!