Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Summer Count Down!

21 DAYS OF SCHOOL LEFT!

YAY!  I always get excited when the end of the school year rolls around.  This year I'm extra excited. It has been a year if you get what I am saying!!!

Of course I hate the fact I have to go three months without a paycheck but hey ya win some you lose some.

As the end of school approaches I start making a list of things we need to be prepared for those days away from the classroom.  I want to keep my kids stimulated and not oozing their brains out their ears in front of media.

This year my list is looking something like this (thanks Amazon for making the link system so easy, I did some research and found some great buys for you and I):







1.  Play Dough    My kids love it and I do too because it keeps them entertained so well.  This year I'll buy some but we'll also make some too.  It is way more cool when you make your own.  Also, its great to play with on the deck!






2.  Paints & Canvas    Both the bambinos love to paint.  I'm going to get finger paints (2 year old) and acrylic paints (7 year old).  I found out how much they enjoy this a few months ago when we were outside and they were looking "bored".  I pulled out some paint I purchased in the winter and they went crazy happy while making their masterpieces! I found this kit which is priced so wonderfully!!!!  You and your child(ren) will enjoy this set for easy set up and to prevent that paint from going all around your home!






3.  Beados Kit    I saw this on another blog and thought my daughter would love this.  It reminds me of a lot of VBS crafts from when I was her age!  She'll love making the little animals.  I also like the price.  



4.  Play place for the back yard   We had one (the nice wood kind) prior to our house falling.  It is still standing, over there, in pieces.  However, the safety of it is questionable.  I don't like to be inside on summer days and my kids are not allowed to be either.  Give them a slide and swing and sand box and we'll be good.  This is the retro metal style.  Do you have one of those?  Feedback?




5.  Curriculum  She said what?  Yes.  I think some of my regular readers have caught on that I've lost a lot of faith with public school.  Lately, I've been having this internal battle between pulling her out of public school and homeschooling or alternate schooling or letting her go one more year and seeing what happens.  (Yes, that's a post in itself!)  My kid loves learning and I want to embrace that fully.  This summer we'll be having school at home so she can fill up that love to learn and hopefully be more stimulated educationally than she was for 180 days before the break.  FYI:  Teacher friends this is nothing against you guys.  You are amazing!  It is the people who are making the "rules" in the capitol. 




6.  Plenty of SPF    We'll be at the pool on the regular.  We'll be adventuring around outside.  It i just necessary to make sure the sunscreen is purchased by the droves so that we are extra protected.  Don' forget your sunscreen this summer!  I have found some great pricing with Amazon Prime!!!  SPF can be very expensive, shop smart!






7.  Bicycles  I have this anti inside campaign going on.  My daughter has outgrown her bike.  I need a bike.  Plus a bike trailer for the little dude would be fabulous!  That's why it has made my summer list.







8.  Books  One of the best things I can, you can do, our kids can do for our brains is to open a book or twelve and read.  It is a great way to unwind before a nap and to just calm down after a busy morning.  You can do it inside, outside, at home, by the pool, by the lake, on the sea.  Fire up your Kindle or get yourself a library card and read your way to a healthier noggin.



What is on your summer prep list?  Please share below!  We can all gain from everyone's advice and lists!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!