Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday, Friday, Friday!







Here's my 5 for Friday (with some funny and or cute pictures)...

Well yep, we got a new truck this week.  The 1990 model was scooted over for a new (to us) 2007 Chevy.  Now all those country songs have a new meaning....


We have had some rockin' weather here in NC.  A few days of summer temps (90) and a few days of spring temps (70s).  I love it.  But I hate that we need some rain so badly.  My dirt has wrinkles.


My son got a little John Deere tractor and hay wagon for Christmas...the kind you ride on....no not pedal that's our Farmall.  Anyway, he has had that thing in fully gear all week.  It is kind of hilarious and kind of like seeing the future.  Currently it looks like this:

It may be strange but I am so looking forward to going to a local toy store this weekend.  No, not Toys R Us but a real deal toy store.  You know the kind with stuff that you can understand.  They are having a Lego Challenge (daughter eats that up) and they have some killer backyard toys (for me, I mean the kids).

Saturday we're having some friends over with their kids for a little burger fest.  I'm so excited because a) we always laugh so hard when we get together  b) the kids can entertain each other, they're all about the same age  and  c) hello its a cookout aka summer is here.

I don't particularly care for Brad Paisley but this song, well, I always turn it up.

If you crush something this weekend, don't crush your car, get a driver.  Be smart.


Here's hoping your weekend is fabulousness to a T.

















10 comments:

  1. Real toy stores are the best!!! Sounds like a wonderful weekend ahead! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait to go to the toy store! And I'm too old for that right? I hope you enjoy your weekend. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment! xo Amanda

      Delete
  2. I want to go to a BBQ!! I can't believe NC hasn't had much rain. I guess the clouds just can't hold the rain any longer once they are over Texas. Our area is seeing an enormous amount of rain, the last time being 30 something years ago. My dad (at nearly 60) still collects JD tractors. He worked for JD out of college and we love the big green, mean, machines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are very dry in my part of NC! Of course this would happen a month after we sow our grass!!! That is very cool about your dad. My son and the rest of the men in my family would have a lovely time talking tractors with your dad. If you were closer I'd tell you to come on over to the cookout! We'll have fresh strawberry cake!!!! Thanks for coming by, Maren! xo Amanda

      Delete
  3. Happy Friday!! I LOVE these. Totally had me laughing over here. Thanks for the smile :-)
    -Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I made you smile and laugh, that made my day! Happy weekend, Erin! xo Amanda

      Delete
  4. I just think you and I would be besties if we knew each other IRL!! You are hilarious!! Have a great time today at your BBQ!! And that Crushin' It video is crazy..fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably would be girl! We had so much fun last night it was crazy. I think we're starting a wiffle ball team (did I spell that right?). Oh yeahhhhh. xo Amanda

      Delete
  5. Yummmm...burgers! A Lego challenge? My 5 year old would be in heaven! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those burgers were sooooo good! I hope your weekend is currently rocking! xo Amanda

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!