Wednesday, May 20, 2015

What's Up Wednesday!

What I'm reading...


What Love Is by Kelly Minter.
So I signed up for the women's Bible study at my church and wouldn't you know my calendar got bamboozled and I've only made it to ONE group session.  I'm still reading though!  I'm very used to Lysa Terkeurst stuff so this is a major change of gears.  Minter writes differently and though I'm learning so much from the books of  1 John, 2 John, and 3 John its been tough adjusting to the change of style.  I do get John's important message:  Love one another. As I read I find my spirit opening more to love and less to judgement and criticism.

What I'm reminiscing about...

goober


Meeting my husband.  We met on May 19th, 2006.  I skipped a very close childhood friend's wedding.  It was crazy.  I basically skipped that and went to my first NASCAR race, not fitting in at all with the majority (not a race girl) and ended up meeting a guy who I was like "eww gross" over and ended up thinking "aww sweet" over.  Look at us now....married with two kids, a dog, a house, and a couple cars in the drive.












What I'm loving....



Life.  Seriously, in a day and age when we are bombarded by the sadness of the world I sit in my yard and watch my kids play and listen to my husband chat away about work and I'm realizing how immensely blessed I am.  There is a lot of crazy going on in the world but my life in my little world is going just fine and dandy right now and boy is that a blessing.  Twenties were crazy but my thirties are amazing.

What we've been up to...



Planning the back yard, planning some camping adventures, enjoying these longer days.  I love summer.  (Yes, I know its still spring!)

What I'm dreading...

Three months of no pay.  Let's be real, ya'll.

What I'm working on...

Projects for summer!!!  Stuff for the kids to enjoy and stuff for this chick to enjoy.  I want to paint and refinish some furniture and add in lazy Sundays with friends.

What I'm looking forward to....



Summer break (yes I know I said I'm dreading no pay).  I cannot wait to spend days in the water and have some mornings to possibly sleep past 4:30 or 5.

What I'm excited about...

An upcoming junk sale (old stuff, think flea market) in June.  I'm going to go and I'm going to spend too much money and I'm going to have a blast creating!

What I'm watching...














Fixer Upper, new addict here.  Chip is hilarious and Joanna is fabulous.  Love it.

What I'm listening to...

I just hit the scan button right now.  Nothing has tickled my fancy lately.

What I'm annoyed about...

My kid is pottying for Aunt Teen but not at home.  What?  She is such the baby whisperer.  Honestly, I'd love to know her secrets!

What I'm hoping for...



My daughter to have a blast these last few weeks of school.  It's the end of her first grade year and my heart breaks a little over that.  Get this, they are having a camping theme for the last two weeks of school...isn't that fabulous?!?!?!




What's up with you, darling?





While I'm Waiting...Waiting on...Wednesday link-up

12 comments:

  1. Yay for flea markets in the summer! Will you share your finds? I love your focus on the good in the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I will share! It isn't until late June. So excited!!!!

      Delete
  2. So exciting about summer break. I wish I had one too, I love all the summer things! Flea markets are so much fun, you never know what you are going to find right?!?! So glad life is so good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer break is fabulous and I think everyone should have one!!!

      Delete
  3. Welcome! Thank you so much for sharing at Waiting on...Wednesday! Happy to have you linking up! I loved reading what's going on with you guys! Summer can't get here fast enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like summer which I love! I hate how fast the best season passes. So excited to link up today with you and all the lovely ladies!

      Delete
  4. My sister got me in to Fixer Upper recently and I just love it!! Cute the story about how you met your hubby! :) As a teacher I too am looking forward to summer vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you going to go to Florida this summer??? Thursday is a Fixer Upper Bloopers episode!!!! xo Amanda

      Delete
  5. I love Kelly Minter books! You should read her book on Ruth next....it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I'm not a fan thus far but I will give it another shot! Thank you for coming by!!!! xo Amanda

      Delete
  6. I LOVE fixer upper!!! Such a great show!
    And, potty training is the worst....good luck!
    I can't wait for summer either!
    Thanks for linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chip's antics make that show!!!! Love this link up! xo Amanda

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!