Friday, May 22, 2015

Its a FRIDAY thing!

Yes!  I love Fridays that begin a long weekend with my family :)

This weekend is a GOOD thing because it unofficially kicks off my most favorite season...Memorial Day Weekend.  I know many of you are starting summer this weekend with lovely beach trips and I envy you so much.  My weekend consists of no vacationing...ok maybe some in my mind.

Not my deck but maybe ours will look this fab soon!














1.  Its a DECK thing

We have a fairly large deck on our home and this is prime time to seal and stain it.  We had been talking about it for a while (awaiting good weather and time).  I just didn't think about the kids being around when we do it!!!  Oops.  Oh well should be fine, right?



2.  Its a BEACH thing

Like I said above, I'm not beach bound.  However, I can easily be lake bound and play on the beaches by any of the lovely lakes around my area.  Last year we so enjoyed spending time in Wilkes County at W. Kerr Scott for Memorial Day.  I think we may need to do that again!!!

Flag Cookie Cake
Via Pillsbury













3.  Its a BERRY thing

I love to cook with my kids.  Its one of my favorite hobbies that I can pass along to them so why not get them in the kitchen more with me?  We're going to bake up big strawberry, blueberry sugar cookie flag this weekend in honor of the USA and the soldiers who cover us 24/7.



4.  Its a DATE thing

Our favorite high school senior is coming to give us a parental break this weekend.  I am so going to miss her next year when she's away at college.  I may start crying right now just thinking about it.  It is so hard to find good, reliable, trustworthy teenagers who will do a great job caring for your kids.  We have been totally blessed by having Ms. Taylor in our lives.  I haven't figured what we will get into at this point while we have some kid-free time.  Maybe dinner on the Lake or head over to the Wine Festival...hmmmm?  A baseball game would be fun too.  I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!



5.  Its a RESPECT thing

This weekend's holiday isn't about starting summer or grilling or beach trips.  It is about what allows us to do all those wonderful things.  This weekend I'll talk to my kids about the vital role the soldiers of this country play every single day to keep us safe and keep us as free as we can possibly be.  I have had this talk with my daughter numerous times but you can never discuss too much.  We honor those men and women who placed their lives in front of all of our own so that we could be free.



 & 



5 comments:

  1. Cheers to a fabulous season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have so much fun on your date night!!! Your blog is so cute ;)
    Happy Friday!!Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you x3! I hope you have a great weekend as well. :) xo Amanda

      Delete
  3. I hope you had an amazing date night! Enjoy the holiday weekend, wherever you end up! Oh, and I'll take a piece of that berry flag creation!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!