Friday, February 28, 2014

Brownie's Five ON Friday!

Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG


1. Coconut Oil

I guess it is the new healing water {oil} of 2014. {The melalucha of its day & that is butchered spelling...if you remember 1990-94 then you know melalucha and pyramids}  Tropical countries utilize this oil a whole bunch.  The benefits of it are immense if what we read is true.  It has been linked to lower cholesterol levels, better heart health, great skin and hair, and energy increase.

I'm seriously debating getting some.

Then part of me remembers those lovely classes in college {a lot that began with the prefix NUTR} and it seems like coconut and palm oil were demonic bad for you oils.  Guess things are changing or Dr. Oz is speaking some more gospel...?  Which reminds me....I was watching Dr. Phil {this is a true rarity, I stay away from most Oprah related schemes} and he had a couple on that were psycho.  Long story short, the husband called the cops on the wife every five minutes for harsh things like "throwing stretchy pants" at him and my favorite, "putting her cold feet on him in bed".....Dr. Phil's response?  "What did you want the cops to do?  Put socks on her?"  I realize that may not be funny to read but it was really funny for a sleep deprived woman named Brownie.....


2.  Time Change Ahead

My favorite time is what we're about to get....more daylight!  I do not understand why we keep changing the clocks since we're not very agriculturally based these days.  I think that the time people are getting kick backs from antidepressants because with all the people who have SAD and cannot deal with change well....yeah that's big bucks for constantly changing the damn clock.  I would be a happy camper if we could have longer days than we do November - March.  

One thing I can tell you I do not look forward to is the affect it has on my kids.  The six year old will be tolerable the 18 month old....not so much.  

I was reading about how to better adjust to the time change and one source said to start changing bed times earlier than the time change.  Example:  Move your child's bedtime up ten minutes each day leading to the time change.  I don't know if I should give this a go or just deal with the regular two week adjustment period.  I feel like as parents we get screwed no matter what....and besides one kid doesn't sleep anyway so what is one less hour really gonna do {make mama drive to the liquor store after she publishes this post....that's what!}



3.  Radiant Orchid

The home decor color of the year {according to Pantone}is Radiant Orchid {lets just call it bright purple}.  This color is gorgeous.  I would love to utilize it as we start doing the fun part of accenting our house inside and out.







4.  March is tomorrow  

I love March.  To me it means:  anniversary {seven years in this thing}, beach {first trip of the year}, spring {need I say more?}.  It is a great month no doubt!





5.  New recipes

So some of you that read my blog on the reg know that I am counting calories.  You can read about how I screwed that earlier by {clicking here}.  Well I'm armed up with some new recipes from an old Hungry Girl recipe book.  I'm trying out a few this weekend and next week and plan to share my results on taste!



Join me on Facebook by "liking" {A Brownie World}!


8 comments:

  1. I love March too- and yay for upcoming Spring! (So OVER these 19 degree temps this year, yuck!) I'm a wedding planner and when that color came out I knew I'd be seeing looots of purple/orchid themes! haha Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I secretly wanted to be a wedding planner. I was married 7 years ago this month and I wanted lilac and lavender! I hope you had a nice weekend. I'm headed over to your blog today.

      Delete
  2. we're agriculturally based! :) seriously…my husband's a farmer. but i'm with you. what's with the clock-changing constantly? guh. so…i agree. the oil thing is so tricky to figure out. i don't think i'll cook with it (i'll stick with olive oil), but what can it hurt to try it on the hair? i hear trader joe's has some fantastic stuff…so i'll stop there next time i'm in town. stoping by from the linkup and showing some love! new reader! karli - http://farmerbell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl, I didn't mean ag was gone for good, Lord if it was then I'd be wondering if I was Amish out here. I'm out in the middle of it over here where I live lol. I have heard the coconut oil is the shiz for dry, curly hair! Thanks so much for coming by Karli. I'm headed over your way in a little bit!!!

      Delete
  3. Love Hungry Girl's recipes - can't wait to see which ones you wind up trying! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuesday is my first HG recipe post! Yummmmmmmmmy!

      Delete
  4. I cannot wait for Spring forward or whatever it's called. BRING IT ON!
    Yes, make that woman put some socks on, Officer. Geez, some people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you don't know how I rolled over that comment. I guess I was just punchy. BRING IT ON is right!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!