Thursday, February 27, 2014

How to screw your calorie counting 101




I just wanted to share with you my epic fail of a day.


As you know I am counting my calories.  I'm working to trim down on the junk and get down a size in honor of the scantily clad season upon us.  {By scantily clad I mean clothes that don't cover the entire body....not Kim Kardashian / Kanye music video scantily clad...}

Yeah that season...exactly.

Not to toot my own horn but lately I have been kicking some calorie ass!

Until one day.

See on this particular one day I was so ravenous {not sure why, it wasn't what you were thinking}.  I was so incredibly hungry that when the hubby said Sonic for lunch my ass was salivating like a rabid barn cat.

Whew at least it isn't Flannery!

We pull into the stall {so fitting for this story...to call it a stall....we order the Brown Bag Lunch special {good deal} and I killed that massive burger and tots so fast people were asking if I was ready to order.  {Thanks but I just ravaged a Sonic nation of food in five seconds flat...}

Pull on up to the trough honey....

Yeah um...I get home and think, "Oh shit Brownie.  That was bad.  That was caloric hell.  You are going to be burned at the dinner stake tonight."

So I slowly plug my meal into My Fitness Pal.

Then I slowly died inside.

The caloric value popped up and for the first time I saw a sad site....a very sad site.  It looked like this:


Brownie only had 26 calories left to use for the day and it was 2:00 PM.

So I did what any good woman of calorie counting would do....I threw on my work out clothes and didn't eat another thing all day.  I drank my water and I remembered that Sonic Stall with great delight.

Because by God I doubt I ever return there.


***But I'll miss the tots***







2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that you got right back on track instead of saying F this and just giving up on the day! Awesome Awesome Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! We deserve a day like that every now and then, right? Right?!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!