Saturday, February 15, 2014

What's For Dinner {Just Ideas Kid Style}


Last week was not a great dinner eats week.  I don't think I'll make any of those recipes again!  But hey we all have experiences like that right?  We try something new and it ends up being a fail.  That is what makes life interesting.


This week I let my six year old make the menu.  We can blame it on the ungodly amount of snow we received this week.  I really hope that is in our past now and we can move forward to shorts and flip flops!

So here's what we're having per my six year old (and yes we will probably have these eats this week, I will adjust them).


Compliments of Skinny Taste


Chicken Quesadillas with refried beans and guacamole salad

Hot Dog Night with green beans and shells n cheese (Brownie not a fan....kids and hubby big fans of shells n cheese)


Chicken Baked in Cornflake Crumbs
Using Trisha's recipe!
Cornflake Baked Chicken with sauteed vegetables

Sloppy Joes

This week our sweet treat is just fruit.  With all the Valentine's festivities being pushed to the coming week the last thing I want to make is a dessert for the house.

------


While we're talking all about the kitchen I wanted to throw out here that I need to purchase a few items for my kitchen -

1.  A new griddle

I have been without my griddle for about three years now.  For the first time in three years I miss the thing!  This go I am looking for one that is a griddle slash grill.

2.  A new cast iron skillet

After mine was properly seasoned I lost it.  I kid you not, I lost it.  Uncool.

3.  A juice squeezy thing

I am having the hardest time finding the retro hand held squeeze.

4.  A new cutting board

I have two - a large and a small one but I rarely use the small one

Now it is your turn:

Share your favorite kitchen gadget, utensil, electric that you have and use on the regular!



1 comment:

  1. My most used kitchen gadget is my can opener. Sorry, not sorry. 'Tis totally true.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!