Friday, February 21, 2014

Five on Friday: 2/21/14



1.  Get a March issue of Redbook!


First just look at Jennifer Nettles.  My gah she's so pretty.  I never saw her as pretty before because Sugarland is not one of my top ten favorites of anything.  However, I do like her new song and her new look is HOT!


Now skip to the back and read Kimberly Williams-Paisley's article about dealing with her mom and her dementia.  Seriously - it is a good read and so heart-wrenching.  I was tearing up reading it.  Anyone dealing with someone with Alz/Dem will totally appreciate this read.


2.  Get your home tan on!

I hear this is prime season for people to go lie in beds of ultra violet light.  Don't do it.  Seriously.  Tanners look so nasty after years of abusing their now leathery, orange skin.  Grab some sunless tanner.  Yes, this is coming from a pasty white chick.  Like so white she glows in the dark white chick.  However, Daily Glow by Jergens is some good stuff.  PLUS it has sunscreen in it!


3.  Download an App!

If you haven't downloaded My Fitness Pal do it now.  Get your calorie count on to maintain or lose weight (just in time for bikini season).  I love this app.  Last year it was perfect for me and this year will be no different.



4.  New lipstick is a must!

I love doing a bold lip with a plain eye.  Brighten it up for spring with a lighter hue than what you've been slapping on those kissers.  I am also totally in love with the chunky pencils of color that are all the rage now.  I really love Roomiest Rose by Clinique!


5.  Drink up!

You know I am a strict vodka girl....until the warmer temps hit and I'm a rum girl.  Well I was in the pharmacy, I mean liquor store, the other evening.  The hubby and I were perusing the aisles for something new.  I'm the liquor drinker in the family (pretty safe to say I do indeed have some Scots-Irish blood in me....something tells me the Caribbean blood just isn't flowing through me....pasty cracker).  Naturally, I stared at my rum friends.  I glanced at my vodka vixens.  Then I saw it.....Hpnotiq


A mixture of French vodka, cognac, and fun.

I poured my first glass and was like - eeek Jolly Rancher anyone?  I hate super sweet drinks.  So I diluted it with two tablespoons of water and it was very delightful amongst me palate!

I'm a fan.




Speaking of being a fan....how about "liking" A Brownie World on Facebook?
Just Click Here!




11 comments:

  1. Ok, I had to stop and see you too since you paid me a visit. I will have to try that Jergens. I am so pasty super white right now. I love the taste of Hypnotiq. I am also strickly vodka...nothing else. But this is really good. There is also a pink drink that I recently found called Kinky. Try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks for coming over! I am writing down Kinky for my next trip hahaha oh that sounds very interesting LOL!!!! Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. I love the fitnesspal app it is great!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lauren me too! It really helps me stay on track. Have an awesome weekend!

      Delete
  3. I'm a Jersey Gal, so naturally I love myself a tan, but not such fan of all of the bad stuff that comes along with tanning so I'm always on the hunt for a great home tanner. Thanks for the tip - can't wait to try the Jergens out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey it works for my pasty tail! And it does not turn me into a cheeto! Thanks for dropping by :-)

      Delete
  4. I used to work at Clinique and that lipstick crayon was a favorite of mine <3 Also, I love the My Fitness Pal app - it totally helps you stay on track. And good ole Hypnotiq is delicious and goes with anything - even by itself! I hope you have a great weekend babe, xo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey love! Thanks for coming by. Anytime I have a crayon for my face I'm a happy girl LOL!

      Delete
  5. I have been wanting to try out a self tanner have been a little skeptical! Heard great things about her gem though! And omg Jennifer nettles looks amazing! Love love her new song too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh fill me in on her gem? That new song is so catchy and the perfect hip shaking song!!! Have a great rest of your weekend!

      Delete
  6. I have good memories, uh, I mean, I think I have good memories in the early days of dating my husband and drinking Hypnotiq. That stuff glows and is yummy. I haven't had it in years...perhaps I will soon!
    I haven't seen that Clinique color before, I may need to try it!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!