Tuesday, February 18, 2014

This Old House: It Has Been A While!

I know the house updates just kind of.....stopped.

Well construction-wise we finished up the third week of January.  Yes, it is done as far as guys in hardhats and flannel are concerned.

The hard part of the second phase is finding pieces to decorate with.  For some people it is easy to go shopping for decor.  Not for this girl.

I don't want to blow money on something I am not totally in love with.  I do not want something trendy.  I want classic.  I want something that says us for a long time and not for a season.

So my walls and floors may be bare for a while but that is ok.  

----


This spring I'm on a mission to hit up some second hand stores and check for some small furniture and decor pieces.

I love recycling my stuff.  I love helping the world out by recycling good stuff that doesn't deserve to go out into a landfill.

I hope to devote a month of Thursdays to this in the coming season.

This past weekend the hubby and I had some child free time.  We took to a local consignment furniture place and found one good deal and a lot of worn out 80's pieces.

Vladimir Kagan; Crescent Sectional Sofa, 1980s....not one of my favorite sectionals. Looks too dated...
Um can you imagine the loads of cocaine and viewings of St. Elmo's Fire that took place on that bia?

The thrill of the hunt...I love it!

----

Our yard is our next phase as well.  The back has been sewn in grass seed and covered in straw.  A friend said that if you get some snow on it you'll have a pretty yard later on.  Well it got a foot of snow on it.  Lets see if he's on target!

decorating flower beds | Small yard Landscape, flower beds - Yard Designs - Decorating Ideas ... I like the mixture of greenery and shrubs with the flowers
I'm a sucker for a small evergreen ornamental....

Our front yard is not sewn yet.  We have been toying with ideas of what to do with it.  They include:

1.  Planting grass straight up to the house

2.  Creating the illusion of the front being the side yard

3.  Having a deep planted area

Right now it looks as though number one is the way we are leaning.

I wanna do this with Vera when it's time for her to go to Bug Heaven.
Last resort to spice it up....just kidding.

I am not too happy with the front of the house right now but we do not use our front yard for anything.  Everything we do happens in the back yard.

With all that being said....most of you know how I am completely a dirt neck girl and love to plant and grow so you can imagine what could be up my sleeve in the warm months....or could you?


------





1 comment:

  1. OO, fun! I am horribly indecisive and therefore our entire home has pretty much been decorated by Keith. And I'm ok with that, he's got good taste.
    I would love to redo a few things in our house, but *sigh* I can't decide what...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!