Friday, February 1, 2013

Happy February!

2.1.13  Hello LOVE! Spring is a month closer!

Its here the month of chocolate, roses, candles, rose petals, perfume, date night, lingerie, red wine, jewelry, cupcakes, massages, "massages".....oh yeah and love.

The one thing every single human being wants when everything is stripped away?  Love.

The one thing a baby needs to thrive and survive?  Love.

The secret to healing?  Love.

The secret to happiness?  Love.

The only thing in this life that is free and makes this life worth living?  Love.

You are loved.

Even if your mama didn't love you....even if your daddy walked away from you.....even if you now associate love with a bad word, act of violence, or degrading feeling - you are still really loved.

You don't have to earn that love - its already shining on you.

You just have to acknowledge and accept it.

<3 (that's a heart)

So today's task: list out everything you love.

I love -

My husband
My kids
My dog
Cooking
Sunshine
Reading
Being outside
Zinfindale mixed with Riesling
Getting letters and cards in the mail
Flowers
Chickens
Mexican food
Dancing
Coffee
Water - as in every aspect of it drinking it, swimming in it, being by it

What do you love?

If you love it you show appreciation for it.  I dare you to show appreciation to what you said was number one on your list.  Yes, even if it is chocolate.  Go get you some honey.

<3

Its the end of football season.  Are you a Bird or a Gold Digger?  Should be interesting to see how the brother coaches battle it out.  I'm going to be rooting for the Gold Diggers - this will be the only time I root for gold diggers.

If you liked The Blindside - Orr plays for Baltimore.  However, there's a guy playing for the 49ers who has an almost mirror image story.  That's pretty cool.

<3

The importance of proof reading.  When you think you have it all together and you can formulate words in a somewhat professional fashion (blogging is exempt in this) and then you fail to proof read can lead to huge embarassment.

I felt that in a big way.  I turned fifteen shades of red, twelve of burgundy, and thirty three of pink.  I have to take more time to proof.  I decided that my error in trying to type something pretty would lead me to having to disclose information that was brought to me in anonymity.  The crap about it is - it shouldn't be anonomous but the folks wanted it to be so I had to be respectful of that and careful.

Luckily, I was able to apologize and explain myself for my written error.  No, everything remained anon.  Maybe one day we won't have to worry about people being afraid to ask questions and none of this would happen.

So my failure to be a good secretary reminded me:

I'm a human - not a computer.

Lessons I learned in January - proof everything, I hate being a sounding board, and proof everything again, and maybe I'm not a sucky mom.

<3

Have a LOVELY weekend. 

<3

Until we meet again -


Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!