Monday, February 25, 2013

Phone Apps

2.25.13 The last Monday of the second month of the 13th year.  (Dating things like this is back in the day....like really far back in the day)

Good afternoon or if you feel like I do - good evening!

Notes from the weekend:

Never get your feelings hurt before date night - it turns date night into a not so fun event.
Start spring cleaning now - we're about three weeks away from spring!!!
Purchase a shower cap for your kid - its amazing the fun joy that comes from plastic on your head.
Where can I get a French Bulldog?

*********

Ever do something you haven't done in a long long long long long time and when you do it it feels just great and makes you think - why don't I do this anymore?

I did.

On Friday night I made up my mind.  Get my YMCA membership back.  I had had my fill of doing my exercising according to Mother Nature's schedule instead of my own.  I was having to use my livingroom to do exercises I had cultivated from Pinterest and work out DVDs from Wally World.  I am not slamming that approach to physical health - its a great starting and maintaining point - but I am not cut out for it.

Waiting on the weather to cooperate with your schedule is wasting time.  I would be pumped to go run and then it would rain for eight days.  I would be ready to do my bootcamp five hundred jumping jacks/250 mountain climbers/100 push ups/250 sit ups only to get started and have the phone ring or the baby decide to fill the diaper past the 18 pound minimum listed on the box.

Then came the whole - I'm doing my DVD's and that pile of laundry is starting to glare at me. 

When I am home I only think of all the chores that need to get finished.  Each jumping jack was turning into a reminder of what to do -

1 -laundry
2 -dishes
3 -dinner
4 -vaccum
5 -bottles
6 -dusting
7 -bathrooms
8 -bichens need food
9 -bichens need water
10 -dog needs walked
11 -are the beds made up
12 -got to balance check book....

I was battling myself - and not in the way I had intended.

I am sick of this weird post pregnancy body I have - I am sick of being tired all the time - I am sick of feeling worn slap out - and I am sick of making my livingroom into a wanna be gym.

I got my membership to the YMCA back.

This morning I used it.

And it felt good.  I did the things I used to do every day.  I used to LOVE exercise.  I found out I never stopped loving it - I just stopped doing it (last year, because I had to) and I'm ready (more than ever) to get back to it.

**********************************

A few months ago I downloaded an app on my (thinks its)smart phone.  It was to get me back on track.  Some of you may have it - C25K Free!

I love that whole Free! on the end.

So I downloaded it and on my phone it sat.  I never opened it until today.

I had a nice time doing day one of week one.  It had me spurting out runs betweens brisk walks.  I like interval training so it was a good match - I just couldn't help but think how all these golden years folks were viewing me.

See, it was me and four other souls on that track this morning.  My guesstimation:  three were at least 80 and one was probably near 75.  They were doing what I refer to as the heart walk - casually lapping that track in their old Nikes and Asics Gels to keep that ticker that probably gave them a scare a good chance to work its battery.

All I could think was - these people are going to think I am insane.  I'm walking then running two laps, walking then running two laps.  I was embarassed and I apologized for constantly passing one lady who obviously had battled a stroke.  When it came to a walking spurt I made a point of getting next to her to walk and told her I was doing a training exercise off of my phone.  All that came out of her mouth were words of encouragement.  When my phone said run I said "gotta go!" and took off.  Apparently in that running spurt she informed the other three on the track what I was doing.  Within the next cycle of running I had four cheerleaders pushing me along as I decided to stretch my running out a bit longer than what the phone was telling me.  The youngest decided to join me for run spurt.  Before long we were all cutting up and making funny comments about Dannica Patrick and my t-shirt (NCSU).

I never looked at the clock while I was up there with my golden girls and guys.  I was having too much fun - getting healthy so I can (hopefully) be someone else's golden cheerleader one day.

The weightroom got the rest of my time as I was trying to do some stuff for my problem areas.  My lover - the eliptical - let me take it for a whirl.  I used to spend endless amounts of time with that machine - oh the memories we have.  In my single days I met many fellas while I was elipticalling my way along....I just hope that I can get the body I had then back!

*******************************

My baby is six months old!  Where does time go?  He had some beautiful photos shot yesterday.  Nicole Koontz Photography cannot be beat - her work is amazing and she's a down to earth mama so you feel comfortable with her.  A lot of photographers make you feel anything but comfy - she has shot photo sessions for us three times and every time has been an amazing experience with remarkable photos that I know each of us will treasure as the years pass us on by.

I cannot wait to show off her work on here!

It is hard to believe my little fella is now a bouncing little man who loves cherry apples and watching his big sister do sthe oddest things (you don't even want to know).  He's pretty much perfect to us and you cannot complain about that.

*******************************

Friday we did find out that our little princess has some type of hypersensitivity going on with her sound.  We are doing a few odd things around our house now to help alleviate the issue.  The good news is this is totally OK and she will get past it.

Our once quiet house is becoming quite the noise pit - isn't it ironic how mom's say they just want peace and quiet - now I just need it to be noisy as all get out for a while.

Here's to hoping and praying we move past this in the next four months.

********************************

Happy Monday you guys.

********************************

Until we meet again -


Brownie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!