Saturday, February 2, 2013

Girls Night

So last night my husband went play man games while my little princess and I decided to have a girl's night.  Everything was her pick:

Dinner - "Salads mom!"
Activities - "Painting our nails and our faces (facials) please"
Movie - Brave

We invited a friend of mine over to join us.

We had a blast.  It was wonderful.  Yummy salads, bread, and wine - my little girl can really put the wine back let me tell ya (JUST KIDDING).  Great conversation - ahhhhh it was perfecto.

Later in the night after our showers/baths and my sweet friend left - we cuddled up on the couch enjoyed blueberry smoothies and popcorn............and didn't make it through the movie.

"Mommy we need to sleep.  We need a lot of it."

Perfect night

************

Today is going to be a great day.  Once everyone wakes up (guess who is still sleeping) we are headed for breakfast out and then to do some shopping for Super Bowl Sunday. 

Later we'll be at the farm doing some de-stressing and prepping for a class we're taking next week.  Its a volatile topic so I'm not sure if I will share it on my blog.  I'll see if I am led to. 

It is a cold day but it is going to be a beautiful one.

I hope you enjoy yours!

************

Our community lost a wonderful, uplifting treasure of a human being yesterday.  I didn't really know her too well but I did know her husband (through my dad).  This woman was a true beacon of light for so many students, children, and other women.  She battled brain cancer for just over a year. 

She made her fight public on Facebook.  I would find myself reading her posts crying yet smiling and cheering her own in my heart. 

She fought with dignity, grace, humility.  Her battle was a teaching tool.

This morning I thank God so much for something we rarely think about because many of us are blessed with having the good version of it - our health.  We do not know what lies down the road of us physiologically but lets just hope, pray and have faith it will be a continuation of the good health we have been bestowed.

She left behind two daughters and a husband and a million other souls who are so thankful they had Ms. Mary.

Well - I know her smile has met its match - the halo and wings she was gifted upon her arrival.

***************

Until we meet again -

Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!