Monday, February 11, 2013

Guns, wine, & donuts

2.11.13 Raining again.

Good Monday to ya!

A little housekeeping - I share my blog link via Twitter nowdays.  So if you are a Facebooker who is wondering why I haven't posted links - read yesterday's blog post.  I am no longer a part of the FB land. 

48 hours post FB - still breathing and living.  Its been a great choice thus far!

************************

I hope you guys had a terrific weekend!  We did.  Saturday was probably the longest day on the planet for my husband and I.  We decided to be good law abiding citizens and take our conceal to carry course.

The word boring doesn't do that class justice.

We had nearly 9 hours of brutal boredom.  The only time that seemed to catch our attention and keep it was the thirty minutes on the range.

My husband and I have either great luck or bad luck, we don't get that in between luck ---- ever.  So when we took our handgun, which we purchased a few days before because the other one is very crappy, to shoot on the range portion of the class - it jammed up.  Jammed up handgun - uncool.

Needless to say my husband ended up using the instructor's gun.

I used a larger caliber, smaller bodied gun.  And it kicked......the recoil was out of this world.

My husband's target.

My target - bad recoil for me.  I think plastic surgeons would appreciate me.


As you are reading this you are probably thinking out of one of two schools of thought:

School 1:  Gun nut.

School 2:  Cool.

Let me clarify my stance here -

I took the conceal to carry class because I want to have the permit in the event my gun is in my car when I get pulled for a taillight being out.

I took the conceal to carry so if the day ever comes that carrying a gun is truly warranted, I can do it.

I didn't take the class because I'm some freakshow who is in love with guns and bang bang blow 'em up.

I didn't take the class because I'm paranoid.

I took the class to be a law abiding citizen who has a couple handguns.

And P.S. I'm pretty good with it - so don't mess with me.

And P.P.S. I never want to have to use it against anything other than a distempered fox, rabid raccoon, or a big fat bad copperhead.

I advise anyone who wants personal protection to take the class because you'll find out - you cannot shoot anyone at any time unless they are breaking into your home (NC) or they have beat you to a bloody pulp and won't stop.

Anyway, the class was an eye opener.  Many of the people in it - personal thought - didn't need a gun within 150 feet of them....due to advanced age, questions they asked, and some of them had strong paranoia going on....tis the world today.

I left with a stronger idea of what to do in a situation - run.  If you run you'll probably keep your life and stay out of jail.  If I had to pull a gun I think that would be a hard task....my job isn't to take life but to respect it.

****************************

Post Law Abiding Citizen training we had to celebrate....glass of wine was much needed.  The buffalo chicken dip was an added incentive.



Then a trip to the grocery store for more wine.

Why is it when you meet someone in person for the first time you have to look bad?  A friend of my little darling's is up for a play date with us one weekend when the weather starts looking more spring flowers than spring showers.  I had conversed with the dad at school drop off and pick up.  The mom, only through email.

So it was only fitting that I should meet the mom on my wine run....in the beer section....of the grocery store.  In my arm are two bottles of wine, gingerly cradled.  In my husband's hand a box of beer.  I of course had to blow it off with humor.  Then I realized - hey they are in the alcohol section too!  My two bottles of wine and my husband's box of beer all in our arms matched up to their six pack....yeah feeling like real winner now.

Ok so only one bottle was for me - the other a thank you to my mom for watching my children and her demential riddled mother.

******************************

I didn't even break the seal on that wine....I was too tired.  I passed out on my own accord.

******************************

Do you know why I love my husband?  (Valentines Day is around the corner, lets talk love)

I love my husband because Sunday morning was spent in peace in Target.....alone.  The mission - to purchase some dirt cheap Pampers, get a giftcard for buying said Pampers, and come on home.  Target at 8:45am on a Sunday is a blessed place.  No children, no annoying voices, no long lines....just a few people in a big store. 

I was able to aimlessly roam the store....score the diapers, the giftcard, and two shirts for my Hulk baby on clearance for $2 a piece.  The little princess even score a pair of yoga pants for dance and or soccer.

I even had time to run in Michael's - and get great ideas for the design of my kitchen when we tear it apart.

How did I celebrate this lovely time to myself?  The picture says it all.  When I got home with heaven's melt in your mouth gifts of love.....my little princess was pleased as punch.  (And the baby was asleep!)

*******************************

Yesterday I made a London Broil.  It was my first attempt at this cut of meat.  I can perfect it as I try again however it went over rather well.

I made my own marinade -

1/3 c worcestershire sauce
3 cloves of garlic cut up
1/2 a large yellow onion cut up
Black Pepper

It soaked for about four hours in that.

I scored it.
Then broiled it for about 10 minutes per side.

Served with couscous (I buy Near East, yummy) and sauteed yellow squash and portabellos.

Delish!

*******************************

Have a good Monday.....tv tonight:  How I Met Your Mother (CBS 8e), Dallas, Monday Mornings!

<----- TV cannot stand a chance when my little man is jumping his heart out! Then the sister joins in...pretending she's in one too......hilarious.



*******************************

Until we meet again -


                                     Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!