Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Is it really Wednesday?

2.20.13  Holy moly it isn't raining on a Wednesday!

Here's to a run of good events! 

Yesterday- a good play date that reminded me how important it is to giggle and squeal.  Sometimes it is over neon pink paint or the fact your playmate actually has a Ken doll.  Even as adults we should really find something that makes us giggle and squeal each day.

Realizing high school was light years behind you and being grateful for that but also so scared to admit that on the corner of blink and deep breath your kid will be there....yes, I went to a high school function.  I went to see my kid brother perform in the talent show.  My ears bled, my eyes are blurred, but I did laugh at the right times and tweet when I couldn't take much more of what was on stage.  A really bad interpretive dance and a girl with garbage disposal grinding vocals that just repeated the same seven words over and over (thanks Rhiana for that one) made me thanking sweet Jesus for not having to sit through much more.  I clapped at the end of each one.  They may not be that great but they have some killer self esteem to do that in front of their peers.

The touching part of the event was a couple of guys from the special education classroom were given a fake award from the the MC's - but they took it as if they had just received an Oscar.  The one who spoke was so full of gratitude and happiness.  I kept thinking - that kid can teach these other "normal" kids a lot.  They can also teach a lot of parents a lot too.  It is the same simple reminders of this life that two little five year olds can teach a mom just by being totally happy in one another's company.

The secrets of life are not secrets.  They are the every day lessons that we could learn just by taking five minutes to watch those who share this world with us.  Those who we may not really pay our attention to because their "level" sits below ours.  If you take the time you'll see they are actually miles above our self created pedestals.










No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!