Friday, February 8, 2013

He Said Mama

2.8.13 The last Friday I'll be excited over until March.

I'm typing on my ottoman while looking at the big ball of orange in the sky.  Ahhhhh I love that big ball of orange. 

I also love the fact my little dude's first word is Mama.  He started saying it a couple weeks ago but it was more of a sound to him than a word.  Then today as we were getting ready for breakfast he looked at me and said it clear as a sunny day - "Mama".  Yep he knows me.

The first word is a big deal.  The first word and making the connection between  the word and the person, place, or thing is a huge deal.  Cognitive development....big big deal.

It also signals something else.  From this point on he knows how to catch my attention.  He suddenly has the power that just one little word can give a person.  He will use that simple two syllable word to signify hunger, anger, tiredness, happiness, joy, and being upset.  It will be his word for emergency and his word for shear happiness.

That first word is a big deal.

*************************************

What is your weekend holding for you?  I will be going to (hopefully) gain my conceal to carry license.  I'm not a gun freak but I do have a few and I can use them in the event of someone threatening harm on my family's wellbeing. 

I don't want to blog too much on this topic.  I will just say this - I wish the fantasy land of a safe world was true.  However, it is not.  If you are a person who says - "There will never be a gun in my house" - you need to realize that unfortunately, yes there may be a gun in your house one day and if you cannot properly protect your family you may take your last breath as the bullet flies toward your person or worse someone you love. 

I pray I never have to use a gun in any situation such as that.  I hope it continues to be just for the occassional chicken coop theif or distempered woodland creature or random bad snake.

*************************************

I love my Fridays with my babies.  We have a fun schedule of little things we do each Friday that makes it an enjoyable day.  Better enjoy these while they last - looking at my little girl it feels like it was just a week or so ago that she said her first word.  Now she's doing math and writing worksheets fantasizing about Kindergarten.

*************************************

Soak this weekend up.

Next week we'll have a bunch of recipes and some lovey dovey crap too.

*************************************

Until we meet again -


Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!