Tuesday, February 26, 2013

And all she can think about is Mtn Dew

2.26.13 Redbox promos end today.

It is still winter.  I hate to report that to anyone.  This morning I awoke to two things:

1.  Two hour delay to school
2.  Heavy ice laden branches on trees

I nearly cried.

Ok I didn't nearly cry but I was totally unhappy about the whole winter is still here thing.

**********************

My kid's preschool follows the public school in calendar and delay/closing decisions.  Today, they were to come in at 10:30 and go home at 12:30.  I opted against taking my child to preschool.  It would have been a total sad mommy fest had I done the "right" thing but I figured she'd get more learning on here and we would all e happy if the baby's schedule wasn't blown out of the water.

Today has been the smoothest day ever.

 I'm going to praise the chid I often refer to (in my mind) as my little demon.  (She isn't a demon - she's pretty far from it according to her teachers and leaders and friend's moms --- but our children take on different personalities once the parents pop up don't they?  Oh stop lying to yourself your little piece of perfection does it too.

All day long my little diva has been a pure pleasure and perfect assistant!!! 

Entertain the baby?  She did without a complaint! 

Assist me in going through all her summer clothes?  She did and actually enjoyed it --- She didn't even try to keep everything by deeming it her favorite or the best ever! 

Clean her room?  She didn't even moan and groan! 

Ate her lunch?  Without going "Eww this is disgusting" 

Right now - as we speak - she is up in her brother's room playing with him - ok it is more of a playing with his toys while I drools in awe of her great voice throwing for the Barbies and stuffed animals - but she's not complaining and she is happy.

I'm so happy my sister is home today.

This is a rarity.

You don't know how many times I hear grunts, groans, moans and my husband's favorite - a mild convulsion as she says THIS IS THE WUST DAY EVAH.  I know her age has a lot to do with it and I spend all this time reading all this crap about how to deal with it and how to treat it and how her birthday has screwed her over - but today....this one day that I opted to not let her to go to play at a church and work on writing V's.....has been a Godsend.

(We did do worksheets.)

*******************************

I am still spring cleaning because in my mind this is really just spring showers and it really isn't icey and cold out.

I love spring cleaning because I really do move things out of this house.  I mean move them out!  Sale/consign the good stuff and Goodwill others! 

I think the majority of the people in my family are pack rats.  I did not get that gene.  I believe that LESS IS MORE!  To me there is nothing more gross than walking into a house that has piles of plain out junk laying around.  I'm sorry if this offended anyone - ok I'm not you need to buy some Hefty and get to pitching!

Depression era children keep everything - just go to my grandma's house.  Should you need to reference the Fall/Winter JCPenney Catalogue from 1984 you should visit her library - I mean home.  I can understand wanting to keep everything when you grew up in a time where what you had was what you had and there was no getting anything more.  But lets not be taking our underwear with holes in it and making scrubbing cloths.  Lets just let that cotton return to the earth and hit up the Dollar Tree for some microfibers.

If there is one thing I do have a hard time letting go of......it is jars.  I must admit I have an unhealthy obsession with jars.  Mason, Ball, Atlas, baby food, sketti sauce, jam, jelly....you name it I want it!  They serve many purposes for me.  Including:  daily vitamin/medicine holders, grain recepticals, silverware holders, toiletry item dispensers, and of course gifts.  Right now I probably have 55 jars in my collection....and I am not throwing them away.  My name is Brownie and I have an obsession with glass jars.

What is your obsession?

******************************************

I also have an obsession over Mountain Dew today and it is probably because I am not allowing myself to have one.  I know this is stupid.  Got the education to back it up.  If your body says give it to me and it isn't an illegal or lethal substance (Mtn Dew probably is) then you shouldn't deny yourself or the craving will intensify and instead of a few sips you'll end up killing the bottle.

Ok thanks I will fix a nice four ounce glass.

I've heard it makes your innards glow - ok screw that glass.

*******************************************

I had a sweet email from a reader of the blog who made some comments about my constant cleaning.  Are you OCD?  A tad bit yes.  It does mean Often Cleaning Disorder right?

She also asked if I would share some of my cleaning/tidying in a blog.  I decided to dedicate next week to that.  So next week Brownie will take cleaning and tidying to a whole new crazy level of funness (shhhh I know that isn't word).

I also got an email that said:  I need more recipes they seemed to stop.
Ok hunny pot pie I will whip you up some dinners.  Until I can get you something up here I'll just put this out there:

Last night we had

Johnsonville Chicken & Pork Chipotle Brats with Preacher Taters and Green Beans.

Preacher Taters are my husband's favorite food.  The name came from the fact a preacher gave this recipe to a family member of mine and she referred to them with his name in the title.  I never much cared for that preacher so I just took his name out and made them Preacher Taters.  Considering most of today's preachers are pretty portly I imagine any preacher would enjoy these taters.  If you have a non portly preacher he will appreciate them too because they aren't health havoc artery clogging carbs.,

Take several red potatoes, cut them up into small chunks, line a cookie sheet with olive oil and throw your taters on it.  Sprinkle whatever seasoning you want all over those delicious carbohydrates.  You may need to put a tad bit more olive oil on them if you were shortchanging the pan the first time with the bottle.  Set your oven to 400 degrees and cook those babies for thirty minutes.

DELISH!

My seasoning of choice:  McCormick's Kickin' Chicken.

*****************************************

Until we meet again -


Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!