Friday, February 15, 2013

Mid February Notes

2.15.13  Get your Valentine candy today!

Ahhh the day of love - as specified by marketing and advertising and retail - has passed.  How are you feeling?  Violated by assault of these large companies making you think you must buy these roses, that bracelet, and those chocolates?  Yeah me either.

Our Valentine's Day was spent enjoying the sunshine and upper cold temps.  What is upper cold?  It was over 45 but under 60 degrees yesterday - upper cold people.

My husband and I do not celebrate the holiday.  We don't go out to eat or exchange gifts or give cards.  This year I did, however, make him a little card which I trashed after he read.  I'm such a sentimental sap huh?
Stop this chocolate, candy, cupcake madness!
The baby doesn't care about Valentine's Day so it wasn't a big deal there.

The princess is another story.  Thanks main stream media for making my child think that Valentine's may be the next best thing to Christmas.  She wasn't very thrilled with her Veggietales Book, rubber ducky (she requested), and box of chocolates.  She said a very weak thank you...you know the one that you feel pressured to say but you aren't sure if you really mean it?   Yep that one.

A trip to Dunkin Donuts (because I decided Happy Valentine's to me I'm not cooking breakfast) seemed to turn her Valentine's Day a total 180 and she was lets-do-backflips-happy.  One measily dollar donut.  Next year I will not spend $5 like I did this year.  We will go to DD and I will keep my lovely crown of awesome mommy on that day.

So see...the way to a child's heart is just like a man.....food.

Her preschool did a Valentine's party.  She came home with a small supply of diabetic coma in a paper bag.

My Valentine's to myself consisted of meeting my friend Jen for breakfast.  She went to a couponing class and was filling me in on some tips and tricks.  We discussed spring sports for the kidlets - she has a son my daughter's age (well for another week he will be) - he's doing baseball.  All the things I have to look forward to I guess.  My monkey is a soccer girl.

The afternoon was lovely - February in the South is a hard month.  We generally get some awesome weather in February - I bet we inch toward 70 at some point this month.  Signs of spring are abounding every where!  I even started my mental garden as I looked at my two plots that I grow a few things in each year.  The princess and I took full advantage of the baby's three hour nap - not kidding you, he never naps and yesterday he was like super napper! - we fed and watered the bichens (who do not like Valentine's, they were at each others heads literally), we cleaned out my car, we went looking for "signs" of spring, and we played some soccer.

I have to remind myself this is the South not the deep South so a snow or ice is probably in the cards before March 20th.

We rounded out the day with getting the car cleaned by guys who like to clean cars.  Dance class.  A Lowes Foods trip.  A Papa John's run.  Then we were home.....to watch movies and crash.


The child watched Ice Age for the millionth time.  My hubby and I watched Seven Psychopaths.  That is one gross, dark, weird movie.  All I can say is....the things a shihtzu will make you do!

****************************

And here we are at Friday.  It is the middle of February and that baffles me.  Time sure doesn't slow down....unless you are in pain I guess!

Things to be thinking about: garden, vacation, anniversary getaway, buying more bichens, children's clothing exchanges.....

I hope your plans will lead you on safely to where ever you may be going and whatever you may be doing. 

I may be in the kitchen some this weekend if so I'll try to work on something yummy to share.

Take it easy friends!

****************************

Until we meet again -






Brownie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!