Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Good Day for the Beach!

1.31.13 That's a funky looking date!

Yesterday was the best day to catch some rain water.  If I had flood buckets I would be set until a least September on rain water to use for the bichens, the dogens, the catens, the car-ens, all the flowers I am going to plant....

Last night I had at least four inches of rain rushing down my walkway to the backyard.  My daughter had to walk through the yard to get to the porch.  We have a walkway but the rushing river would have carried her little self away had she walked on it.  I almost called a Ark Building Committee Emergency Meeting.

I keep telling myself that Luke Bryan is right - rain is a good thang.

I was also a bit devastated yesterday - <deep breath> - next year will be How I Met Your Mother's last season.....oh how my heart is breaking, I finally will see who mom is.  Its been on for nine years but only on my favorite list for two.  Agh, that's how goes it right?

***********************

So when it is rainy and seventy-five in January (oh smack I know those of you who live in Alaska are cussing me, I sorry)...as I was saying when its a mild day and the rain is coming down and the wind is reminding you of ruby slippers and flying monkeys....well you stay inside.

The day before we were outside having fun.  But not yesterday.

So my child ate her lunch and then decided to change her outfit (if you don't have a little girl this is a regular occurance.  You should expect your daughter to change her clothes upwards of fifty three times a day.)  She came out wearing not a dress, not another pair of jeans and shirt, not her pajamas....she came out in her bathing suit.

"Its a great day for the beach mama!"

I smiled because I reaized she is my child!!!!

Her creative little noodle was in action!  She put together one of her larger puzzles and it came her beach towel.  She pulled in her baby doll stroller (that she can fit in) beside her towel - it was her beach chair.  Then she got one of my Southern Livings and sat in her "beach chair", legs crossed, reading the magazine.

My role?  I was the "hotel owner" slash "life guard" slash "police".

She explained that her children were swimming and it was my job to watch them since I was the life guard.  Her children?  Yes she had three with her (imaginary) they were named - Carly, Victorious, and Paige.  Are you catching on?  Paige is her preschool teacher's daughter and thus the coolest kid on the planet because she lives with Ms. Preschool Teacher.

I asked about her husband.

Now this should get you laughing.  When my daughter plays pretend she's always a dramatic Southern Belle with a husband named Meeble.  Poor Meeble...he's had a rough go of it and he apparently looks a lot like her dad.

Meeble lost his job at the dog house factory only to work at the baby hospital and botch a surgery.  Now she and Meeble have Baby Marble.  Baby Marble goes to work with is dad.

Duh - moms and daughters hang out while dads and sons hang out.

The whole two hours of this was so much fun.


***************************************

When its quiet and the husband is busy on a project.....I bake.

I made a batch of homemade blueberry muffins.  Smell that? YUMMY!

Here's my recipe:

2c AP Flour
1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3tsp baking powder
1tbsp cinnamon
1 egg
1 c milk
3 tbsp canola oil
1 c blueberries

Preheat oven to 400
Grease your muffin tin - you'll only be making twelve with this recipe.

Combine your dry ingredients in a bowl, stir together.
In a seperate bowl combine your wet and mix together
In they "dry" bowl make a little well so you can just pour your wet in the center.
Pour the "wet" in the well
Quickly fold and mix with a spatula or a good spoon together
When all the "dry" is "wet" pour in your blueberries and give a good gentle stir
Spoon in your muffin tins

Bake for about 20-25 minutes.

Delish!

You can freeze these babies too.

************************************
Until we meet again -

Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!