Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Rain on a Wednesday? Never!

2.13.13  My car is mine!!!

I woke up to rain.  That's how I knew it was Wednesday.  Every Wednesday my baby boy and I take to the grocery store to stock up on some bottom dollar goodies and baby stuff.  Every Wednesday that we venture out....it is raining.  If we were ducks it would rock out!

Today was a totally unplanned day, aside from the preschool thing.  My aunt responded nicely to the question of "Can you watch the baby?" - I picked up the princess from school and she was totally happy that she had some Mommy n Me time minus the baby.

I must admit it wasn't the best mommy n me day ever but it was a good time.

Once again she will be hitting the soccer field this spring.  We got her all registered up. 

She wanted some Chicfila for lunch, not a problem!  I have a love hate relationship with CFA.  I love the fact my child enjoys them so much, I love their chicken, I love their fruit and their brownies.  I hate how chaotic the place is.  The kids are screaming, adults are like lost lab rats in a dead end maze, the "Christian" eating establishment is more like let's see how unChristian we can make you want to be after that kid keeps jutting out in front of you as you try to make your way to a table with your child who is paying no attention to you because they are captivated by the other children, large cow costume that is harassing everyone, or the play area. Today wasn't the worse experience but I reminded myself why I don't go there much after watching other moms squirm.

We then hit up Sam's Club.  Everyone has to love this massive Walmart.  My little girl loves it because...."they have examples!"  That's what she says and I die laughing every time.  She knows exactly where to go to get her "examples" too!  Straight to the freezer cases.  Today we really racked up because they were "exampling" Valentine's treats from the bakery.  Let me just say the coconut vanilla cupcakes are to die for.  I only had a two teaspoon size sample but it rocked.

Where do two ladies go after exampling at Sam's?  Lowes Hardware of course!  We paid off daddy's bill.  My little girl wasn't pleased with the idea of paying the bill and going on our merry way....no siree!  We had to examine their lighting department and the mailboxes. 

I started feeling some of that mommy guilt.  See, she was taking this afternoon as a girl's day out.  To me it just wasn't.  She was all excited about some mommy n me time and what had we done?  Paid bills, grabbed some lunch......and?  My mind was saying - "She's going to equate time alone with you as boring.  She's not supposed to do that for another six years."

On the way home she fell asleep.  She had on a Valentines/Zorro-esque mask, head tilted back, sitting in her zebra booster seat.  A picture would have been great but I was driving and safety before Instagram is a good practice.

When she woke up I told her we would have a real girl's day soon - not a time of paying bills and being in a rush.  She looked at me a little puzzled and then she said, "Can we go back to Sam's and get examples?"

Mommy guilt eased.

**********************************

Today is Ash Wednesday in the Christian Church.  Are you giving something up?  I have given up bread.  As I type this I realize tonight I have turkey wraps for us to make for dinner - sans the wrap for me I guess!

Today is the official Easter countdown in my house.  To me Easter stands for warmer weather and longer days - we are at 40 and counting my loves.

Looking at my calendar I'm a little jealous of my Jewish friends because Passover is before Easter therefore the countdown could be 35 days.....enticing!!!

***********************************

And yes....my car is now officially MY CAR.  I paid her off today.  Having said that I now hold my breath because everybody knows once the vehicle is yours and paid for something is bound to happen. My aunt also had another school of thought on having paid for your vehicle:  So what will you get now?

I really could use an Odyssey....yes a Honda van shut up people.  The space would be excellent for the two children I know have to show for my fruit bearing capabilities. 

I'll hold off...payments are something I'm over!

***********************************

Need a delicious sweet recipe for Valentine's Day?  How about this one, its an old favorite of mine. Very simple and will cost you....$2.50 to make!  It is also a healthy option to all that junk out there this time of year.

Island Angel Food

1 Angel Food Cake Box Mix
1 can of crushed pineapple

Dump the cake mix in a bowl
Dump the can of crushed pineapple in the bowl
Stir it up by hand
Pour into an ungreased 9x13 baking dish

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes

Leave your thank yous in the comments section of this blog.

************************************

A family in our community lost their home to fire yesterday morning.  This is the second fire in our county in about two weeks.  I think this is a good time to remind everyone to take extra precautions to make sure their home is safe.

Check your smoke detectors!  If you're like me you will change out the batteries when we spring the clocks forward and then again when we fall back.

Is your wiring up to date?

Check the stove!!!

Make sure your washer or dryer is in good order.  My washer had a short it in and it is only 4 months old!  I would have never known this had it quit cycling correctly.  I called the place we got it at (local and small) and they fixed it the same day I called.

Unplug stuff when you aren't using it.

Keep dust off vents.

Keep paper away from heavy electrical areas.

Don't leave burning candles unattended.

Keep the matches, lighters, and all other fire starters away from ALL kids, even those older ones.

*******************************

Have a safe evening! 

********************************

Until we meet again -




Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!