Thursday, February 7, 2013

Rainy ramblings

2.7.13  Looks like rain.

My hair is back to blonde.  It's a great day.  I am so happy.  Isn't it crazy how something as small as the hair on your head can make you feel fabulous?  Thanks to Jen for making me feel great!  I made a promise to keep my hair appointments up.

As I get a bit older I get a bit more silver topped - if ya catch me.  I started growing some silver strands in my early twenties.  I imagine if I let me my hair go natural today it would be 50% grey. 

I like grey hair....on other people.

Grey signifies a lot.  Wisdom gained from passing years....old cells.....advanced age.  Some people rock it so very well and it just looks beautiful.  Others look like a hot mess with half black, a quarter yellow gold, and a quarter grey hairs adorning their scalp.  Sometimes those with grey try every color on the department store Ms. Clairol aisle to hide their grey and thus they have an interesting animal pelt decorating the top of their scalp.  I often see these pelts falling into the shape of a mullet when I visit my local mass retailer.

Epic - a silver mullet.

Since I'm not numerically ready for silver hairs I'll be keeping a committment to keeping the hair blonde.  I figure every 8-10 weeks I'll be in to get my anti grey on.  Over the summer the chlorine, salt and sun will do most of the work but when the beauty of summer starts to dwindle I'll be back in the chair.

I can't afford botox so I'll just continue to blonde-ox.

************************

Three messages from yesterday enjoyed my jump to salmon patties.  HA!  The connection was lowering the BP with heart healthy omegas as found in salmon.

************************

I am happy to announce that Brownie World now has NEW bath towels and wash cloths.  This is a big freakin' deal people.  We have been using the same ones we got upon our marriage many moons ago.  They held up wonderfully (so you probably can't find them anymore....if you like something it will be discontinued, count on that one).  But lately they met some bleach.  Then some frayed edges.  Then some swiss cheese styling hit them.

My pretty blue towels became - white and pink tye dyed messes. 

Today some will become cleaning cloths.  Others that are salvagable will be put away for those "oh smack didn't wash towels" evenings.

The new towels are white.  I will no longer purchase any linens that are of any color of the rainbow.  I like bleach way too much.  When you have kids you end up using bleach a little more than ever before in your life.  So between the "lets play in mommy's make up" and the "lets paint the playroom and our bodies" and the "mom the baby peed in the bed" - white it is my loves.

**************************

I scored a London Broil at the local Food Lion for $5.  That's a great deal.  I am so freaking proud of that.  Now to find a good recipe to whip up, devour and share!!! 

I heard Hard Rock Cafe had a killer recipe for them.

If you have one to share please do.  The comments section can be used on this blog.  You can toss in a recipe or tip of your own or just comment there.  If you prefer privacy just keep emailing.

And here is a Valentine question for you.  What does a sexy recipe consist of?  I hear people talk about sexy recipes and I am just lost.  Is it the aphrodisiac of chocolate, oysters, creme, wine?  Let me be blunt - recipes are not sexy to me.  I mean if romance was "And now a quarter cup of sherry" then I'd be reading a lot of smut daily. 

**************************

You know what really blows?  A baby with what seems to be a really bad cold.  We've been dealing with that here in Brownie World.  Yesterday I had had enough and we went to see the NP.  Turns out the child is mine and has passed the test to see if he truly is a member of this family - we left with Zyrtec. 

Last night we actually slept past 3am.  And the reason why?  Not the Zyrtec but the Little Remedies For Noses spray.  Best stuff ever! 

***************************

I am missing a dear friend of mine today.  We cannot seem to work out anything with our schedules to gab.  Our daily routines are very different yet very similar.  I love her dearly - we have to get serious about a date....and now I'm staring at my calendar.  We had mentioned getting together in February but look guys - February is nearing the mid month period and it looks like March would be a safer time.

Always remember to make time for your friends and write it in stone.  Its good for your heart.

****************************

Did you hear about the tsunami that hit those small islands the other day?  Well somehow it also found its way to my home and made a disaster of my house.  I'm not kidding.  This place looks like a huge disaster zone. 

The great thing about having a five year old is they can labor away.  She has a detailed set of step by step cleaning directions for a few rooms.  She also has a fun little surprise awaiting her as soon as she completes her tasks.  Actually its a rocking surprise.  Yeah, I'll share later.

*****************************

A few of you asked about Cathy Cat.  She is now back outside.  I couldn't handle her.  She is at home in my husband's workshop where she has a nice bed and guards our chicken feed from furry little Disneyesque creatures.  She also is probably with children....considering I caught her in the act with Garfield.  Let me just say that is the most disgusting thing ever - to stumble upon some animals getting their procreation on.  I have seen a lot of animals just go to town - goats, cows, dogs, cats, chickens, insects and every time I'm like "good grief find a bush to hide behind".  My five year old has also witnessed it and no I didn't explain it (like I probably should have if I was a complete and total lets go into detail with a small child weirdo).  I just say "well they are married now".  Remind me to correct that when she's older so she isn't really warped.

******************************

I hope you guys have a terrific Thursday.  Treat yourself today....I did. 

******************************

Until we meet again -

Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!