Thursday, August 11, 2016

Product Review Thursday: Condition First?


Hey friends!  Last week I became an Influenster girl and this is my first post sharing with you what I think about one of the products I have tried.  Every Thursday you can tune in to get my 100% honest account of the products I am trying out.  My promise is that I won't pull your chain and I'll just lay my cards out on the table when it comes to testing this stuff out!

You should know I am NOT paid to write these reviews.  

Snap Chat friends know what I'm sharing today because they got a taste of the trial on Tuesday!  Start following me on Snap Chat - abullnojoke.  If you're on my IG then you got a sneak peek too!  You can catch me over there with the handle Abrownieworld (shocker, right?)

Alrighty, let's talk...

Shampoo and Conditioner.

No that's incorrect.

Conditioner and Shampoo.
#ReverseYourRoutine

My first question is this:  Am I the only human who has it ingrained in their brain that you shampoo first and condition second?

I was sent two trials of Tresemme's Reverse System.  Have you heard of it?




I had heard of it but honestly would have never tried it had I not received this sample set.  

Here's my personal issue with volumizing shampoo:  It dries out your hair.  Since I learned that fact I have steered clear of any volumizing shampoo.  And I must say that I went into this trial thinking - great, just what my dry hair needs more drying.

#thestruggle

Over on the Tresemme website you can read this:  

Volume doesn’t have to be stiff and crunchy. Introducing Beauty-Full Volume- the only Reverse Wash System designed to give you a soft, touchable bounce. Condition first, then shampoo- it’s that simple

Well, Tresemme....

Tuesday I came home from a swim and popped into the shower with my sample in hand.  My hair is dry and damaged so I was not expecting fabulous results from this product.  I followed the directions to condition first and let it stay on the hair for one minute before rinsing.  After rinsing I washed with the fabulous and luxurious shampoo.  Let me tell you my hair has not had a super sudsing like that in ages!  Well not since I was eight years old and used half a bottle to wash my hair!  I imagine this is ultimate shampoo experience comes from the hair being conditioned first.  

Here's what I did not like - The feeling of washed but not conditioned hair AFTER my shower.  I like my hair being silky smooth as I comb through it.  With this product I could comb through my hair OK but not quite the same way as using shampoo and conditioner traditionally.

I dryed my hair and styled it and this is the end result:


Not too shabby!  My hair looked really good!  It was dry but after using some smoothing cream I felt like it looked better.  

My verdict on Tresemme Reverse System:

If you have oily hair this could be fabulous for you!  You can still condition without worrying over conditioner making your hair even more oily and you can probably have softer ends from conditioning first.  

If you have dry hair this isn't a product for us.  I may use my second sample packet to use the old fashioned way of shampoo first and condition last.  

So there you have it - my first review!  I hope it helps you a little if you were planning on checking out this product.  Leave me your thoughts on this product if you have tried it!  Also, if you have dry, damaged hair what is your go to shampoo?

xo

Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!