Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Just Horsing Around - Planning a Birthday Party!

How is it that in a month my first born - baby girl - little miss will be nine years old?!?!  I'm just baffled.

This year she is having a true birthday party.  I will admit that in years past I haven't quite did the whole big shabang of a party.  However, this year I'm making up for it and going all out (within reason) for her big number nine.

I decided to enlist her input.

When I made the decision to have a bigger party for her this year I decided I needed help.  I think I went to the expert on the subject - my daughter.  Hello, it is her birthday!  She picked her theme, party type, and food.

The Theme

Alarnee Creations by Sharnee Torrents: Just add Ink challenge #252 - A sketch (Horse Punch art):
Via Pinterest - I love this invite BUT I have issues creating super nice invites for a child's birthday party.  Just being real.  If I can make these for under $10 I'd do it though!  Find this on my Pinerest Board:  Kids Birthdays
Wait for it!  Horses!  Could you have guessed that?  Pinterest has been a huge source of ideas for this horse themed celebration.  I'm thinking I should enlist the help of one crafty bestie to help me make a few things!  Oh wait she's eye ball deep in being a matron-of-honor this month!

The Cake

 This is a shadow cake from the local bakery.  It is quite delicious!
She wants a shadow cake from a local baker - Ketchie Creek Bakery.  The kid was turned on to shadow cake a couple years back when I took her for cupcakes.  She liked the idea of chocolate and vanilla.  One bite of it and she was sold.

The Party

Pony Dreams Slumber Party Birthday Invitation (10 pk) - The Painting Pony:
I found this via Pinterest too - I LOVE this invitation for a slumber party!
I've never done a sleepover as a mom before.  For about six months all I have heard is how she wants to have a sleepover.  So our little horsey party will be a slumber party.  Bring on the sleeping bags, popcorn, and late night giggles.  Please, Lord, no tears and parents coming at 1AM to get their homesick littles!

The Food

How To Cook Taco Meat In The Slow Cooker {Perfect For Homemade Taco Bar Night} - Passionate Penny Pincher:
The birthday girl has two favorite foods - tacos and enchiladas.  For this party we're doing a taco bar.  I'll have plenty of beef, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, sauce, salsa, chips, tortillas, and a lot of other good stuff on tap for her guests and herself to partake in!  I'm so glad I passed on the gene that is love for Mexican food to my daughter!

So there you have it!  The skeleton of my daughter's birthday party.  We're excited to do more planning and share it with you.  If you have some awesome ideas for this party then please pass them along!  We're very appreciative!

xo-
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!