Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Vacation Prep: Stuff To Do



Our vacation is getting closer and I am pretty good on the packing (meh, yeah ok),,,

Now my attention is focusing on some fun stuff to do while we're away.  Yes, we'll be on the beach quite a bit and yes we'll be at the water park the other quite a bit!  There is just more that we will need to have on the back burner to do!

This year we aren't going to our regularly scheduled destination.  I could totally sit down and bawl my eyes out over that but I will be a big girl and say:

This year we're going to be in the other Carolina for some fun at that place that that show on CMT made popular a few years ago....

Or that place that got it's fame for all the biker dudes and broads who come out once or twice a year to be oh so cool...

Yep we're going to be in the vicinity of the lovely Murrells Inlet.

It is actually a cool little place but not one I have ventured to more than three times in my total existence.  So naturally that makes this post convert itself into a Pinterest Five post.  The search term?  Murrell's Inlet.


Drunken Jack’s in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina offers fresh local seafood right off the boat, great steaks, chicken and world-famous hushpuppies with honey butter, and more! Enjoy family dining along with Lowcountry charm and hospitality while dining waterfront, overlooking the beautiful MarshWalk and Marina (Photo via Instagram by @gwtc_linda)  http://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/restaurants/:

I love how this popped up first because...I have had a couple dinners there.  What's even better?  It is good!  So maybe I'll add this to one of the places to dine when we go out for dinner.

It is a magical time at Brookgreen Gardens in Murrells Inlet, SC!  Nights of A Thousand Candles is something everyone should experience!  (Click on the pin for more info and other things to do in the Myrtle Beach, South Carolina area - Photo via Instagram by@tami_kull_photography):

Brookgreen Gardens - I have wanted to visit this place for quite a while but never did it.  I'm thinking this could be the year.  It is so beautiful!  Plus, the kids would enjoy it too because they can run, run, run!

Goat Island on a King Tide in Murrells Inlet.  PC by Linsey Antol.:

I saw this and my husband immediately popped into my mind.  He loves goats.  I'm kind of over them because we had a ton when I was in my teenage years.  Anyway, Goat Island may be an enjoyable stop for the hubby and kids and yes even myself.  

Visit Murrells Inlet Marsh Walk at dusk:

The Murrells Inlet Marsh Walk - I'm told to visit it at dusk.  This is a spot of lots of restaurants and quaint little shops.  

Georgetown - South Carolina's best kept secret:

And finally - my favorite little town in SC is Georgetown and guess what - it isn't too far from Murrell's Inlet!  This town is just the epitome of a sweet southern salt air town.  The hubby likes it too...time to take the kiddos!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!