Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Birthday Planning: Cute as a bug!

My little, bitty, teeny, tiny boy is turning four years old this month!  How?  I'm not sure!  He is supposed to be just a few months old not a few years old!



Our little man has been quite the addition to our family.  We love him so much and his big heart and sweet thoughtfulness just make me melt every.single.day!


This year he will be getting a birthday party with family.  Hey, when you are four years old you have it made when your have nanas, papaws, aunts, uncles, and maybe my bestie can get down here with her boys to celebrate too!  It is kind of difficult to have a "friend" party because: a) I don't really know his preschool friends parents like at all.  I know that sounds really bad but I don't!  We don't live near them and honestly, we haven't seen anyone since May.  b) He doesn't really care about a big party because he is four.  If there is cake and a pool the child is happy.  Add in some presents and he is over the top thrilled!

I should mention he's polar opposite our daughter.  She's all about a party with friends and staying up late.  Him?  Nah.

Both kids are having birthdays within 12 days of each other so this is the first outline of a birthday party I am sharing with you this week.  I decided to go to the professionals for input on their birthdays and here is what my little man decided for his birthday!


The theme


burlap and grass from Home Depot for cheap! Can use this in hallways? and use various colored green streamers to hang from doorways or from ceiling to make grass.:
This is happening!  You can see all the pins on this post on my Pinterest Board!

Bugs.  My kid is a budding entomologist.  He LIVES for bugs.  He picks up ALL bugs.  He has to see how they work and what they do.  Oh and let's not forget he thinks all bugs should be able to live inside our house.  Eeek!

The Cake


Bug birthday cake - Chocolate sheet cake with bug decor.   Gummy worms,frogs on top of crushed oreos.  Ants from upside-down choc. chips and piped icing going up crushed graham cracker ant hill. Mice made from chocolate covered cherries for bodies (stems=tails), almond ears, and hershey kiss faces.  Purple/green/blue icing was my meager attempt at a snake which wrapped around the side of the cake.  I think I could do it with fondant much easier now.  Lizard, ladybugs, and spider were toys.:

I really like this cake for my little guy!  Its a simple sheet cake and I think I would just change the format of the bugs on it.

The Party


Digital Custom Bug themed birthday Invitation by marcylauren, $15.00:

Since this is a family party I'm not doing invites but if I were....yes these!

The Food


Because....Pepperoni!!!:

Because boys are boys and they love some pizza!  Also because I have a whole Pizza Hut coupon card that gives me free pizza every time I spend $15.  Now that my friends was a great school fundraiser a couple years ago that is making birthdays and other celebrations easy peasy!

So there you have it the skeleton plan for my sweet little boy's fourth birthday party.  Do you have any tips, tricks, or fun things to share for a little boy's birthday party with the theme of bugs?  I would love to hear them!


xo
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!