Friday, August 26, 2016

The Last Friday of Summer Break


Cue the sad violin music.  Summer is ending.  Well maybe not the heat and short wearing, tank top sporting, flip and flopping summer but summer as we have known it is ending.  I can admit this is a hard transition in my house.  My kids love school so the difficulty is for me - the mom.  In place of the pool bag are book bags and instead of late night movies we have a set bed time starting back up.  Oh just pass the rum - ho ho hum hum.

So here are some of my favorites from this week.  Per the norm I am linked up with the lovely Katie and the cute Christina!


1.  Fall House Projects
Totally stoked to start planting!  Hello fall vegetables and flowers!


I just said fall - oh my.  Well this week the husbandito has been working on our yard and a few projects.  I may have wanted a garden in March/April and he may have not had the chance to ge around to building my beds but he sure did make up for it this week.  I now have three garden beds right at my chicken coop he built this summer.
Why am I thinking about red wine right now?


He also put in his fire pit.  I think this will be a very welcome addition for the weekends when the air is cool and crisp as those apples that will be celebrated in Wilkesboro, NC in October.


2.  Pool Time
Swimming under the water.  I know it looks odd.


We had two great pool days this week.  The weather started off relatively cool for NC in August so I was quite chilled when I got in!  The kids though - they don't feel the difference!  They both had a blast swimming and splashing. 


3.  Birthday Boy
Nana took him out for Sweet Frogs!

Four?  No way!  He loved this sticker face book!



My son turned four this week!  We enjoyed cake for breakfast and a fun day celebrating our favorite little boy.  He just feels my heart with such joy!  He is so full of energy and happiness.  All birthday morning he kept thanking me for his little cake and presents. 


4.  Girl's Day
All grown up - well she thinks so!  I'm starting to see it too.


My daughter and I spent Thursday together - no boys!  We went to Kohl's where she picked out new sneakers for school.  A Sam's trip helped us get our birthday party/back to school/pantry restocked.  We had some Chicfila for lunch.  Then Lizz gave her a new look (goodbye five inches of hair) for school.  After all that we had a nice trip to the library where she stocked up on a series she loves and I checked out Eleanor & Park and another book that I cannot wait to read!  (Sorry, I forgot the title.) 


5.  Open House
This is a big year.  Third grade is a huge transitional grade and we're ready for it!  I think I am?


I guess it is official that now we have a straight up third grader in our home.  WOW!  I was told once my kids hit elementary school the years would fly by and that was no lie.  I remember her kindergarten open house like it was yesterday and now we're starting third grade?  This year will rock out - I'm loving her teacher and I'm pumped at how excited my child remains about school. 




Last week we were on vacation in South Carolina.  I recapped our favorite pieces of vacation on Monday.  Check it out for the beauty of Brookgreen Gardens and to get your beach fix!




Tasty Tuesday is BACK!  This season I'm giving you menu plans!  If you need help with dinner ideas for next week then click here to see our menu plan.  This post is totally kid friendly and simple.


Wednesday was the day I brought a sweet little boy into the world!  To celebrate him my post was devoted to him on Wednesday.  



Product Review Thursday came at you this week!  Emily from Simply A Rough Draft and I are teaming up to bring you reviews on products from our Influenster boxes.  You'll get totally honest and often differing opinions on new products.  This week we shared our reviews on Snackwells newest item and Shea Moisture shampoo!


And if you haven't tuned into my Snap Chat yet then now is the time.  I have started a new series? called Blog & Jog.  I take you with me for a few snaps (or ten) and chat while I am on my morning jog.  Topics are random and so far it has been so much fun!  I hope you'll add me and join in!


Have a great weekend!  We'll be birthday partying and fantasy drafting!
xo-
Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!