Friday, May 27, 2016

This was going to be a video post...

Truth - I had planned to do a video post but um...nope didn't happen!

I didn't feel like battling my hair, make up, etc!  Just plain #truth

I have seen a lot of summer bucket list posts out lately and I've been enjoying them so much.  A lot of bloggers have things on their bucket lists that I am just daydreaming about.  I will get around to posting one - not lush and lavish - in a couple days.  As for now I'm just going to share what I'm hoping to complete this Memorial Day Weekend.  (Happy unofficial start to summer!)

1 - Chicken Coop Construction!

Neiman Marcus Chicken Coop The Heritage Hen Mini Farm comes with a $100,000 price tag and is one of the high-luxe items featured in the 86th edition of the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book. I can have extravagant dreams for "My Imaginary Chicken Farm", can't I?:
Look at this coop!  It has a pricetag of $100,000.00 and I'm not kidding you. Neiman Marcus had this bad boy for sale.  Again not kidding.

Our little chickies are now pullets.  They are in their tween years - ha all weird looking and kind of gross.  You can still see their cute chickness but really they are morphing into jr adults.  Just like for us humans it is a trying time.  We get pimples and they get bare skin as their fuzziness wears off and he features grow in.
Just like preteens outgrow their clothes weekly these birds are outgrowing their habitat.  It is time they became homeowners.
My husband has BIG plans to make their coop a mini version of our home.  Men and building, I tell ya that's a hot mess mix.
I look forward to sharing progress with you on Instagram!

2 - Date Night Weekend

Lake Norman, NC.     Can't wait to get back to the lake.:
Now who is saving this seat for me at Lake Norman?  Fun fact:  Lake Norman is the biggest man made lake in NC and my grandpa helped dig parts of!  That alone should allow me a piece of land on the water, right?

One of my most favorite date nights of the year is Memorial Day Weekend Date Night!!!  We go to our favorite Lake Norman spot and enjoy drinks and good food by the water.  It isn't anything fancy but very laid back and chill.  Luckily, summer is coming to NC this week/weekend so I can hopefully rock the new sundress I bought at Old Navy Outlet while on my bestie beach weekend!
What can I say here?  I love water, drinks, boats, and sundresses!

3 - Planting

Double Knock Out Rose (Rosa 'Double Knock Out') at Oakland Nurseries Inc:
I was never a rose fan until this year.  It turns out that we have some knock outs from forty plus years ago growing on our property.  Unfortunately, we didn't know this and have continually mowed them.  Now we're on a mission to save what is here and move in some new ones.  I think I am in love.

Memorial Day Weekend is traditionally the time of year I plant my summer flowers.  I'm not too totally sure I will be planting as much as in the past but I have had my eye on some roses...
I will also be planting tomato plants.  So on that note I should share I will not be planting the garden I had envisioned.  Yes, I'm kind of sad about that.  I love to grow stuff and gardens are a favorite but I just don't think it will happen.  Container gardening does look promising this year though.  Yipppeeee!

4 - River Rat

Hairr, John. 2011. "The Yadkin River near Rockford in Surry County.":
This is a small piece of the Yadkin River very close to my dad's property.  I love, love, love getting in the kayak (or canoe, I do not discriminate) and taking off down the river.  I look forward to the day when our kids can enjoy this adventuring with us.  There is nothing better than paddling the water.  

Another goal I have for this weekend is to hit up the river.  When you live four hours from the ocean you settle for the river.  Of course it always helps when your dad has a place on the river <wink>.  I swear guys I'm pretty lucky - my mom has a pool and my dad has a river place.  Loving all that H2O goodness.

5 - All things summer

Everything about her was PERFECT in that movie - Jessica Chastain in The Help:
Sometimes I wonder if I was born in the wrong decade...this could be me in the summer.  You used to call me on my rotary phone......

I plan to be barefoot - a lot.  Wear my bathing suit - the whole weekend - except for runs to the store and on date night - I'm not that girl.  Make some good mixed drinks a.k.a. boat drinks.  Blare the radio.  Rock the messy bun.  Most importantly, I'm ready to kick off summer '16 in the best way possible.

#America the Beautiful:

I hope you all have an incredible weekend and celebrate all that this weekend stands for.  Even though this post has been about summery stuff I want us to remember the real reason for this holiday - the lives lost protecting our country.  For every wonderful thing we have been able to do and will be able to do we owe thanks to our soldiers who lost their lives for ours.  I personally cannot imagine the courage and bravery that those souls had to protect you, me, and all of those to come.  Respect our soldiers; the living and the deceased.

Be safe!  Be healthy!









Linked up with Katie
Linked up with Christina


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!