Friday, May 6, 2016

H54F #17 of '16

Happy first Friday of May!!!  I feel like saying hello summer but this morning it was forty something degrees - say what?!?!

A lot of awesome sauce stuff happened around here this week and I am so ready to share it with you - let's do this!

1.  I had chickens on my Spring Bucket List...


And I moved them to my pending summer bucket list.  Well last Sunday after church I kind of sort of ended up buying seven little chickies.  If you have followed the blog for a long time then you know I love having my chickens.  My last flock died off - some to disease and some at the jowls of some adorable Labradors.  After our house incident in 2014; chickens were the last thing on my mind.  However, after re-establishing I have been ready for more backyard birds.  Here's to raising my babies (praying they are all girls) and to a really cool coop (my husband has set the bar high) in the coming weeks!

On another chicken note - they are the best animals for kids.  Dogs are great, cats are meh, fish die but chickens are fabulous animals for kids to learn and practice responsibility.  My daughter has had chickens since she was two and she adores caring for them and interacting with them.  I think it will be the same for my little man.

2.  My Reading Rider...


Monday was super insane busy.  Not only was it Monday it was day one of my sugar detox, riding lesson day, and Meet The Author Night at my daughter's school.  Yeah - we all kind of hit the ground running.  Oh and did I fail to mention that I had no childcare for my H-Man so he accompanied us to riding lessons.

3.  Muffins With Mom...

I will so miss the preschool days when they are a thing of my past.  This week I had a busy Wednesday but in the craziness I had a special little breakfast with my son at his awesome preschool.  It was difficult attending a carbs & sugar bash when I'm on a detox and maybe I did cheat and have a little indulgence.  Seriously ladies, how do I say no to an excited little face?!?!  Did you catch my Mother's Day (Another 5 Pins Post) and my very special from the heart Mother's Day post??

4.  4 Days & 6 Days

As of this morning I have four days left working at the escuela and 7 days until the beach weekend with my BFF.  Unfortunately, I still cannot find a bathing suit I like.

5.  Mother's Day

I wish all the good mommies out there a very happy weekend ahead!  I hope you are celebrated in whatever way is the best for you.  This week I had two mom posts.  My Pinterest 5 - a fun post I do weekly - was based around gifting ideas for mom.  Maybe you will find you feel the same way as I do on some of those ideas!  My second post was a more serious and heart felt look at moms...maybe my gift to you.


And speaking of Pins....this week I pinned these five to try, love, use, etc!  Get these pins by clicking my Pinterest link on the side bar!

Sizzling Cilantro Lime Fajita Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette Recipe {Paleo, Clean Eating, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free}:
This looks like my meal for the weekend!

Sugar Free Pineapple Lush Cake by Rose Bakes:
This will be made this weekend!

cute pineapple oven mitt:
I'm insane over pineapples right now!
Kismet and Tell Dress:
I'm slightly in love with this dress and I want it badly for the summer.
This is only on here to remind me to BUY THIS MUG.:
Yes, please.







Linked up with:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!