Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Sugar Detox - Day 3

Um yeah kinda...via candiesandcrunches.com

Hey beauties!  So you may know I gave up sugar on Monday to better myself in a total 180 degree fashion. I wanted to check in with you guys and let you know how this is going.

Day one was not that bad.  

Alright, wait, day one was OK.
Hmm...is that even the correct wording?

I started off my day with tanker truck load of coffee (per the norm), boiled egg, and two sausage links.  When I got to work I was met by carbs and sugars galore.

Oops, I forgot it was Teacher Appreciation Week!



The good news?  I stood strong and ignored all that food and kept on track!

My Pavlov's Dog Moment -

Normally, around 1:15 every afternoon I get a Dixie Cup of Peanut M&M's.  Let me be honest and tell you I kind of live for that 1:15 sugar/chocolate/peanut rush of deliciousness.

When I glanced up at the clock at saw 1:11 my body responded -

"Yes, it is time for M&M's!  Woo hoo feed me, feed me now!"

I did not budge from where I was working and tried so hard to focus on the task at hand.  My body knew it was time for candy and it was responding but my willpower turned out to be stronger.

Of course my body raged an afternoon war against me.  I suddenly was "hungry" and I suddenly had "no energy" and then I was "angry."

When I got home I sat down and closed my eyes for about ten minutes.  Isn't that the way we reset?  Rest?  Maybe not.

Then I had a cup of coffee and was out the door.

Eating on Monday wasn't hard at all -

Lunch was a delicious salad topped with a leftover hamburger patty I chopped up.  I have a pesto/olive oil dressing that has no carbs and no sugar in it - LIFE SAVER!



Dinner was actually from McDonald's (shut the front door, right?) I had their Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad (No ranch, guys) with a drizzle of Newman's Own Light Balsamic Dressing.

For a snack I did have a Triple Zero Oikos Greek Yogurt (Mixed Berry).

The good news is:

1.  It wasn't as hard as I expected on day one.
2.  I was satiated.
3.  I think I can do this.

Day 2....

I read Day 2 is the hardest of days when you are giving something up.  Well...it totally is when you walk in and the PTSO has dropped off a smorgasborg of muffins and bagels.  I literally had to stay 100 yards away from the break room all day.

Other than that I did well!  At 1:15 I had my Triple Zero Yogurt instead of letting my body beg me for M&M's.

There is sugar in this product but it is only 7g and I can handle that.

Breakfast was a boiled egg and three sausage links today.

Lunch was a super colorful salad I made at home with a boiled egg.

Since I made tacos at dinner I opted to put some of he ground turkey and all the veggies in a bowl with some cheese.  It was great!  I also may have killed a small avocado with that meal because I cannot say no to avo-cad-o!

And here we are at day three....

Right now I'm going to admit something to you.  Don't judge me.

How do I say this?  Maria, help me tell this truth!

I am going to cheat today.

My son's preschool is hosting Muffins With Mom and well like the title says - they gots da muffins.  I just cannot see myself sitting there with coffee with my three year old bambino refusing to eat a muffin.

That could be lame-o.

So this morning I will be eating a muffin (probably devouring it) but I will make accomodations and make sure to burn that sugar off immediately after the event is over.

A couple lifesavers for this adventure of changing my lifestyle....

Image result for thank you to pinterest

First off, Pinterest.  Can I take a minute and kiss the person who created it straight on the face?!?!  I have got some amazing recipes and tips from that fabulous site.  I am really wondering how the crap we ever managed without it (hello - entire childhood?)

Second, Emily!  Thanks for the information and recipes! I can have brownies again!!!

I'm thinking about working on a vlog for my next update.  I guess we shall see!  Have a great Wednesday!

Remember to catch me on:
Instagram:  @abrownieworld
SnapChat:  @abullnojoke
Facebook:  @abrownieworldblog
Email:  abrownieworldblog@gmail.com










No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!