Friday, May 20, 2016

Friday 5!

So much goodness to put in this post...let's get to it!

1 - Bestie Beach Weekend (Last Weekend)



It was fabulous!!!  Relaxation, rejuvenation, and a boob job?  Check out the brief recap here!


2 - New eyes



My daughter must have inherited my eye site genetics because now that she's wearing glasses her eyes are getting a little worse with each growth spurt.  Last week we were in the ophthalmologist's office for a check up (six months ahead of schedule) and it was decided a stronger power lenses were needed.  Off to Walmart (thank God for Walmart's awesome selection of $9 frames) and thirty minutes later she had picked a new frame.  On Monday she got them!  So cute!

3 - Under the weather



My little man greeted me when I returned from my weekend away with strep.  Eeeek!  Poor guy felt like death warmed over.  Luckily, my husband was able to take him to the doctor first thing Monday morning.  By Tuesday he was feeling great and ready to go!

4 - Under the water



While we're talking about Little Man I should mention he started a short stint of swim lessons at our local YMCA this week.  That kid knows NO fear and he was ready to jump in head first!  Thanks to my mom having a pool that he's been in for three years I can see why he loves the water.  He did really well and he will be in the next set of lessons soon!  Wednesday I posted my weekly (very random) Pinterest post and it dealt with the pool - check out the first five things that popped up in my Pinterest search!

5 - The bright side of funerals



Weird right?  Right.  This week my husband's great uncle passed away.  I think we all dread funerals and this was no different.  However, I learned a few things...1) The new teacher at my daughter's elementary school is my husband's second cousin.  Wait, what?  2) I met some of my husband's extended family from Georgia and they were so delightful.  3) Who would have thought a funeral would give my husband and I some "us" time?  Dear spouse had to take some time from work to attend the service and that meant that I got him for an extra evening and for a few extra hours the next day.  We were able to run some errands and get coffee at the new coffee shop in our tiny downtown.  We also enjoyed lunch together and it was just perfect.  We always equate loss with sadness but sometimes if you look hard enough you see there is some good in it.

Pinterest (This Week)

My Tasty Tuesday post?  I hope you'll give it a moment of your time and check out what in the world I am up to nutritionally speaking.  

Sugar Free Like Me: Low Carb Brownies #lowcarb #chocolate:
I believe it is time for these to be made in A Brownie World.

I love this outfit. I like how simple and classy it is. I LOVE how I could wear it at work or casually.:
Loving this look - orange and corals are always my go-to colors

If you have to ask if it's too early to drink wine...you're an amateur and we can't be friends.:
Truer words have never been spoken....

Linked up with


THE GOOD LIFE BLOG














No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!