Wednesday, May 4, 2016

An Award? Why Thanks, Emily!

Happy whatever day of the week it is babes!

I have a few favorite bloggers that I just love to read on the regular.  One of my most favorite is Emily over at Simply A Rough Draft.  To be true - I love this girl.  She is like my missing best friend who is in Texas.  I could see her fitting right in with me and my real life bestie any day of the week!



Last week she received the Liebster Award and passed it along to myself and a list of other GREAT bloggers.  I thank her for sharing this with me and look forward to passing it along to others.

Part of receiving this award is answering questions that the nominator picked for the nominee.  So without further ado - here's a little dish on the girl behind the brownies.

My 11 Questions -

1.  If HGTV busted into your home right now to remake one room in your house, what room would you pick and what would you hope they do?


Oh JESUS!  Can I pick every single room?  I would love for my living room to be recreated.  I need a window back in there and I need some cool decor on the walls.  But if they wanted to re-do my master suite I would not complain one bit!


2.  What is your favorite family tradition?

For sure it is Thanksgiving.  That is our holiday - as in just my husband and the kids and myself!  I love it because we get up when we want to and head to Blowing Rock, NC for lunch and then off to Greene Tree Farm to get our Christmas tree.  I hate the cold but I love the day!


3.  What is the best gift you have ever received?

When our house fell in 2014 (that sounds so weird now) a church in the neighborhood (that we do not attend) hosted a fundraiser to help us with the immense (non insurance covered) expense to help move the nearly 100 year old home across our property.  They didn't ask anything in return.  It took a lot out of my sense of who I am to accept this gift and put my pride to the side.  At the same time it opened my eyes to how blessed I am to live where I do and have so much support and love from so many wonderful people.


4.  If you could spend two hours browsing through a store alone, which store would you pick?

Belk - and I would try on everything, head over to the Clinique counter for a make up play day, and get lost in housewares.


5.  What was your first car?

My mom gave me her 1992 Saturn SL-2.  Yeah a plastic car that I still see on the road at times!  Honestly - I hate that the company shut down because I had two Saturns and they were awesome cars.


6.  If you had to eat the same meal everyday for a week, what would it be?

Taco Loco or what you may know as a taco salad.  Its the shell bowl with lettuce, grilled chicken, tomatoes, guac, sour cream, and cheese.  DELICIOUS!


7.  If you had to be in an existing reality TV show, which one would you choose?

If you read ABW you know this - Southern Charm.  Just to hang out with Camaren (obviously!)


8.  I love hosting people in my home and cooking for them.  If you could host anyone in your home, who would it be and what would you serve?

Hmmm that is a tough one.  Dolly Parton is the first person to come to mind.  I love her to pieces.  She's so positive and talented and happy - what a great guest she would be.  I think I would make my lemon chicken with asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes.  For dessert I would have my mom make a strawberry pound cake.


9.  What is something you never leave the house without?

My phone.


10.  What are your summer vacation plans?

A week at the beach sometime in the late summer.  I really hope we can afford a weekend trip sometime in June but doubt it!


11.  What is your least favorite household chore?

Laundry.  Unloading the dishwasher.  Picking up toys.  Oops that was three.


This was so fun.  Now I get to nominate some of my newest favorites....

A Quiet Girl's Musing of a World That Talks Too Much
Enduring All Things
Pink Pearls & Hockey Skates

Here are my questions for you!

1.  What is the story behind your blog's name?
2.  What is the best book you have ever read?
3.  What is your ideal weekend get away?
4.  What is your favorite childhood memory?
5.  Name the one song that comes on the radio and has you singing to the top of your lungs!
6.  Do you prefer dessert or seconds of the main course?
7.  What is the weirdest item in your purse right now?







No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!