Wednesday, April 16, 2014

NFTAD


NFTAD - Notes From the TA's Desk

Yep that's my desk....haha.  JK!


Here are some diamonds I have to share with you from my first two weeks at work.

1.  Those darn Republicans.

In an answer on a test a student wrote:  "The Republicans fought long and hard for their freedom."

Seriously? Oh man.

2.  Upon learning about different cultures and reading a story to go along with this theme it became evident that some kids believe that "Yiddish" & "Irish" are interchangeable.

Hmmm?

3.  The secret to testing?

For some students it is not reading anything but more of just putting random numbers and words in the blanks.  An example?  One question asked for the pattern of car colors the student wrote:  2.

Wow.

4.  Why didn't I become a ______________.

Boy band finder.  Really!  I have learned more about some Brit boy band and some Disney boy band than I ever cared to know.  This comes complete with a lunchroom concert from two students.

5.  Nine year olds __________________.

Pick, stare at, and then consume their nasal mucous products more than my six year old....and she does it a lot.

6.  Third grade today must be the equivalent of fifth grade from when I was in school.  It is amazing how much kids are expected to comprehend from the text book at nine years old.  I look a at the concepts and remember them being introduced my fifth grade year.  Go on smarty pants!  (Unless you are the kid(s) in number 1-3!)

7.  Middle school mentality....

A note was found in a computer lab that discussed some things that I was certain weren't hot topics until you were a puberty stricken annoying early teen something.  We're talking about a topic that I didn't know existed in third grade.  It made me want to vomit considering nine year olds are up to do date on wordage that needs to be eliminated until they are like 26.  Makes me want to helicopter my own kid a little harder!

8.  I really love _____________________.

My job.



The Hump Day Blog Hop


2 comments:

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!