Friday, April 18, 2014

5 Minute Friday

Five Minute Friday
I haven't done this in a while.

1...2...3....4....5

What holds me together?  Coffee?  Wine?  A good book?  Silence?

No.

They may aid in the idea I have of what keeps me going.

But they alone do not keep me going.

What holds me together?  What is my concrete?  If I were a structure what would the civil engineers say is the base that holds me up and keeps me going day in and day out?

Cells.

Billions of cells.

Water.

Blood.

The metabolic cycle.

Yes, I agree.

But maybe we need to go deeper.  What keeps me functioning and smiling and making it through the hard times and laughing through the good times?

What is my glue?

My blessings.

The man I married.

The two babies I was gifted.

Good health.

A full tummy.

But lets go even deeper.  There is still something more that holds me together and keeps me in motion...even when I do not want to move.

My faith.

My belief that indeed there is a God and indeed he made me and indeed he refuses to let me fall if I just rely on him.

My glue is celebrated this weekend amid the bunnies and chicks and baskets and chocolate.

My glue came to this Earth, walked alone, tried to show so many the way, and then was hung on a splintered cross.

His blood poured out to become my glue.








4 comments:

  1. Amen!! Stopped by from FMF to be blessed by your words. Have a very Happy Easter. Alleluia!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping in! Happy Easter to you as well!!!!

      Delete
  2. Brownie, I liked that. :) You put together my thoughts very nicely today. The deepness that is God within us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the awesome compliment! Happy Easter!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!