Friday, April 18, 2014

5 on Friday




This week I'm linking up with the ladies.

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

My five:



1.  Easter Egg Dying & Snack Making

Well if you read the blog on Monday then you know that I was ready to dye the eggs!  I found {on Pinterest} a way to dye them with shaving cream and food coloring.

Let's just call this a fail.

And let's just say its my fault...haha.

I have chickens therefore I do not wish to purchase eggs.  My chickens lay brown eggs.  Brown eggs and dye just aren't the best of friends.

However, we did try it and had fun with it.  Then we got the markers out and decorated them with some color!
Easter snack making...Yet again I was on Pinterest.  Yet again I shared on Monday a pin for a snack that was Eastery.  This was a score!
Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures.  But this was easy and yummy and good to do with a six year old.
  

....................................................2.  Blog Post of the Week....

I just happened to stumble upon a jewel of a blog called Cupcakes and Crossbones.  I really like this blog - it is so helpful!  Since I know many of my local readers are getting ready to spring break it up {and that means do a little house work} I recommend checking out that link.  She tests out some household cleaning trends to see if they work.  Let me just say with the markers in this house I better stock up on white toothpaste!

3.  Easter Outfits

Remember when you were little and your mom or grandma would take you to get a special Easter dress to wear on Easter Sunday?  Those days are long gone for me but I enjoy buying my kids' Easter apparel.  Oh by the way, I scored both kids' outfits at Gymboree this year....here they are in all their Easter goodness....



4.  Pictures!

A couple weeks ago we had the kids' pictures made for Easter/Spring.  Guys if you are local you really need to check out Images by Brandi - she is very talented, patient, and priced to perfection.  We were very impressed with her work.










5.  I think this sums it up....

easter quotes, awesome, cute, sayings, jesus


3 comments:

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!