Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1, 2013


January 1, 2013….hello New Year! 
After enduring last year’s 365 in photos of about 10 million people (cool idea but I couldn’t hang) I decided I would like to account for my year but minus the picture a day and minus the every day posting.  (Side note:  I tried to do it for one month and that was a huge personal bummer.  Out of a 30 day month I think I got maybe 16 pictures.) 
So I began brainstorming – what do I like to do? 
I like to cook.  (Yum!)
I like to clean.  (Weird!)
I like to play in the dirt. (Woo hoo!)
 I like to grow babies (but I shut down the factory after 2, my sanity is important to me.) 
 I like to read. (But never get to with a 5 year old and 4 month old...unless you count Amelia Bedelia.)
I like wine! (Praise the Lord for making it water's true sister fluid!)
 I like to write.  (Lately, lots of lists)
And then one Sunday I was browsing the internet and found a blog.  A fun blog!  Not an over-zealous-weirdo-nutjob blog, not a depressing-everyone-is-buying-the-barn blog, not an I’m-in-love- with-myself-and-want-to-plaster-that-love-all-over-the-internet blog, and not a my-family-kicks-your- family’s-royal-donkey-booty blog. It was a super, fun to read blog by a girl who was just using it as an online scrapbook slash show and share and tell.  It was my revelation!!!  (Or was it my epiphany?) – I like to do things that other people enjoy doing and other people may be interested in and I like to capture moments for memories and I love to write so why not blog a little.

And thus you have my one and only New Year’s Resolution – to blog a little.

To catch a break from the world….I give you A Brownie World!  Sometimes it will be a fun recipe or an insanely useful tip.  Other days it will be a scrapbook moment.  Then there will be those times when its just blah blah blah (and maybe a joke or two).  It will always be light and airy - just like good pajamas!  So without further ado.....the first post....recipe at the bottom if you want to just scroll down.
 
The last day of 2012 was spent shopping with my mom and babies!  I'm the pickiest human on earth so I only got a sweater from Ann Taylor (love). 
My little family and I spent the last hours of 2012 in North Wilkesboro with one of my husband's friends from the Y2K era.  I'm sure some of you have no recollection of those ancient days.  I do not care to go into detail about them so you can wiki it.  Sandwiches, sweets, screaming kids and Crown and Coke (to help ease the screaming of the the children).....hasta la vista 2012!



We rang in the first day of 2013 by getting up a bit later than usual, having a weird/bad lunch experience, and then going to a neighboring town to the hardware/general store and randomly threw in an excellent visit with some friends and their little fella!  Our first day of 2013 was completed by having dinner at my mom's.  She and my little princess made homemade cinnamon rolls after dinner....they were a little on the "if you eat the last one I will kill you" side.  So later on I'll share that recipe.


 
Last night I needed to whip up a treat to take with us so I made Butterscotch Blondies.  Here's the recipe and you have everything you need to make it (butterscotch chips are optional) in your kitchen (no doubt!)
***************************************************************************
Butterscotch Blondies (Butterscotch totally optional)
1/2 cup (1 stick)  butter, browned
1 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butterscotch chips
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees°F.
Butter an 8×8 pan. (Don't use spray, it totally messes up the texture!)
Mix melted butter with brown sugar – stir until smooth.
Stir in egg and then vanilla.
Add salt, stir in flour & baking powder.
Add butterscotch chips.
Pour into buttered pan.
Bake 22-25 minutes, until set in the middle.
Cool before cutting or you will have a mess.
***********************************************************************
Til we meet again -



Brownie
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!