Monday, January 7, 2013

Just another magic Monday



1.7.13

Welcome!  We are resuming to blogging today.  Ok me not we.  A little business needs to be taken care of before we move forward.

Yesterday was Epiphany.  Jesus is born, the Magi found Him and gave Him gifts, He is now known to be the Son of God.  With that being said, you may now take down your Christmas tree, stockings, inflatable Snoopy (with or without Woodstock).  Your Christmas house flags are also in dire need to go on to the attic until Advent arrives again.  Thank you... and your neighbors thank you as well.  We look forward to all the displays of the season in 11-months.

And in honor of Epiphany I have taken the four rolls of Christmas lights, tree stand, and Merry Christmas sign to the bowels of my home (the basement).  Go me!

************

So its officially winter. Blah.  I would love to see some snow.  A good, four inch, oh-my-lord-get-your-eggs-bread-and-milk-casserole-on style snow we Southerners love.  Its deep enough you see no grass but so little that those to the North and upper Midwest laugh their butts off at us. 

*************

I hope you had a rocking weekend!  We subscribe to the rocking weekend every weekend lifestyle - as do many of our parents of small children counterparts.  At least one night during those heavenly two days we become a single child family.  The oldest generally spends one night with her Nana. On that night the mother, the father, and the baby go out to dinner.  That's a freaking blast!  Generally, the infant falls asleep on the car ride.  Sleeps soundly in the establishment.  And then the food comes.

I want to break in to let you know we have this awesome contraption I call the baby shade that stays over our little bundle at all times when we are out.  We hide him from society because its only fitting to shield him from germs, freaks, and all those annoying people who will stare at him and comment from a distance.  Now back to the story.

When the food comes, our little bundle decides to semi wake up for the event of eating.  First its a twitch of the foot.  This is when the father and mother freeze and look at each other with that deer in headlights look.  We eat a bit faster.  Then comes leg movement from the bundle who is wrapped away in his seat.  Father and mother look at each other and make the deer in headlights look along with the pursed lips as if to say "Ooh!".  We eat a bit faster than the speed we went to just moments before.  While stuffing our faces we have to decide - should we peek behind the curtain?  Should we see if those baby blues are wide awake?  No we shouldn't.  We should continue to eat, not talking, just eating, faster!  Then comes the little baby babble.  Father says - "Get a box".  We then look for our server and of course they are never in site.  We scarf the food down.  Money left on table, running to car, must get home!  The king has awakened!

Yep, that's many weekends of a dinner out for us.

Saturdays are always well Saturdays.  Am I weird that its not my favorite day of the week?  Its just not.  To me its a mini extension of the regular week.  My task for Saturday was prepping freezer pancakes for my child who (possibly) worships the breakfast food and eats them at an alarming rate.  It took 30 minutes and I have 3 weeks of pancake goodness in the freezer for her.  Someone posted on my FB wall I was the most Getting R Done person she knew.  I had to read that six times to get it (who or what was R, was this code?) but when I did, I took it as a major compliment.  Thanks!

Dinner that night was a 4 Alarm Buffalo Chicken from the crock pot.  My husband and child called 911 to put the fire out.  I thought it was a little spicey.

That night I was delighted when some friends of the hubby came over.  One had his girlfriend in tow (really cool girl, so great to meet her) and she had mimosas with her.  Did I say she's a really cool girl.  Not only did I enjoy the conversation and hilarious stories I also enjoyed some champagne and for a little bit I was back in a different time in my life when I drank champagne from Carolina Hurricanes cups on a back deck while deciding where we would get trashed that night.  My how life has changed.  For the best I must say.

**************


Sunday is my favorite day of the week.  Its just a relaxing day with the family.  Camryn made homemade biscuits, I baked some country ham (nothing says day of rest quite like heart attack food).  We didn't make it to church, sometimes I think your personal walk with God and your enjoyment of those God has placed in your life is way more important than listening to someone from a pulpit.  I have personally found the best pulpit is the one in your chest that gives every moment, every memory a beat. 

I do have a church mission in 2013 - to find my daughter an active youth ministry to be apart of.  She wants it, she asked me about it.  So if any blog readers out there in my area know of one that she can join let me know.  (And one that respects United Methodists is appreciated, I remember going to a local church group as a child and folks trying to persuade me into their denomination. No bueno!)

So off the church talk.  A few things I choose not to discuss in this blog are religion, politics and her. (Yeah that was a country song, who is her?)

We spent the afternoon locking and loading.  Now that's North By Gah Carolina!  I personally have enjoyed shooting guns for a while.  Normally my target is small woodland creatures (squirrel, dove, etc).  But now I need to know how to shoot rabid foxes, snakes, and would be attackers.  I learned that right now Cherokee, NC is paying $15 per coyote you kill.  I'm thinking - vacation money!  Ok seriously I'm not because obviously I'm way too far from there!

After 150 rounds in a piece of plywood and homemade targets....I joined my mom for a heart healthy walk (see above comment about country ham).  We walked with a childhood friend of her's who I seriously love to be around.  She sugar coats the same way I do.....with salt.  The walk was seriously enjoyable.  If I walked with them enough I would be working on a manuscript for next year's highest grossing movie. 

Dinner was at my dad's house.  His girlfriend made a delicious Fettucine Alfredo - using an Olive Garden recipe.  (Ok who is going what?  My parents are divorced.) After dinner my little monster of a girl and I wrestled to burn calories.  She's pretty epic I tell ya.  Her father and I can say with the utmost promise that that child can take care of herself pretty well......she gets it from her mama.



*********************

Monday is here and it was a hard one for me to wake up to.  Such a good weekend with my little familia.  I must say today has been a peaceful day.  It is one of those days where everything seems to make sense and everything is just wonderful.  Some people dread these days because they think it means something is about to happen.  Not this girl.  I know its a great gift.  Realizing it was a good day early on I paid for the person behind me's coffee this morning....it was a sweet soul that has been in my life since I was tiny.  She said I made her day. 

Today is one of those winter days where I don't even care if that 4 inch snow comes or not.  I am very well aware that I am blessed beyond measure in my little "Southern Eden" with my two healthy babies who make me laugh, my crazy bubbling heart husband, and my awesome kitchen, my flock of bichens, and my perfectly imperfect doggie.

I hope your Monday is just the same.

Until we meet again -



Brownie






No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!